General Gaming News.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

"Just admit it. You're obviously captivated by my bodacious beach bod."

Taking bets on who will say that line. My money is on Hojo
Well he does party there. In a vaccum, running into the Shinra gang in costa del sol who are just on vacation and don't give a shit about you is pretty funny, but its hard to stomach when you consider that the Turk mass murdered tens or maybe hundreds of thousands of people by dropping the Midgard plate and Hojo torture people for a living. The remake really should have made it so Rufus drop the plate.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
True.

I think the thing with the Spider-Man games is that in order to sell it as Spider-Man it can't really reach very far. GoW '18 was a refresh of a dead franchise and ridiculed character, and TLoU2 was... well, it certainly did something to seriously cause a stir. Spider-Man can't really do that, and so it never really has the ability to truly stand out.
Yep.

I think that's part of the appeal... well, at least for me. Spiderman 2 was my favorite AAA game of the year and the fact that that it didn't do anything too different, the story beats were pleasant and predictable, and it was all exactly what I expected, is part of the reason why.
And it's why it's not my GOTY, which is Cocoon, because that game absolutely surprised me. Spidey 2 will be a game that in a few years I'll go "oh yeah I played that" but I won't remember much, and I'm fine with that.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Well he does party there. In a vaccum, running into the Shinra gang in costa del sol who are just on vacation and don't give a shit about you is pretty funny, but its hard to stomach when you consider that the Turk mass murdered tens or maybe hundreds of thousands of people by dropping the Midgard plate and Hojo torture people for a living. The remake really should have made it so Rufus drop the plate.
Yeah but no time for that because this Sephiroth dude is bad news. We know he's the bigger problem because this anti-social awkward grumbly guy we met 3 days ago said so. Sure, all he seems to have done is impaled the cackling megalomaniac villain we were planning ot ahead of us, and killed the giant snake that would've eaten us, but totes bad news.

Even funnier cause its not even Sephiroth, its Jenova-clones. Its actually implied they don't even really look like Sephiroth except to Cloud because he flips out when you meet one at Tifa's hotel but Tifa (specifically who has reason to recognize and also hate Sephiroth) doesn't recognize the guy as anything

Last edited:
Reactions: meiam and BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Keep the fire alive, because the big publishers and console makers don't want to do it.

I appreciate the praise, but not really. There are already plenty of other story driven games before this came out. The only difference is that there is more dedication than usual, but it's expected of Remedy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: FakeSympathy
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Welp, we're definitely gonna see $70 price tag for the next GTA game (and no, I am not calling it GTA 6 until it's confirmed)
We’ve already had $70 games all this generation though, so that’s no surprise. Also no surprise that Strauss Zelnick thinks us gamers should be charged even more than that.

Dan Houser must’ve known he’d be leaving writing a scene like this -

With a name like that it ain’t exactly coincidental.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
We’ve already had $70 games all this generation though, so that’s no surprise. Also no surprise that Strauss Zelnick thinks us gamers should be charged even more than that.

Dan Houser must’ve known he’d be leaving writing a scene like this -

With a name like that it ain’t exactly coincidental.
President of Capcom said the exact thing like Strauss. The former can fuck off too.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

New trailer for suisicde squad game. At first I thought it looked a tad bit better than last time.

....And as the video kept going, I'm starting to realize this is pretty much gotham knight 2.0. I actually can't believe these are the same guys who brought the Arkham games.

They don't talk about the business model yet, but just like GK it looks like they are going for psuedo-live-service?

Reactions: BrawlMan

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012

New trailer for suisicde squad game. At first I thought it looked a tad bit better than last time.

....And as the video kept going, I'm starting to realize this is pretty much gotham knight 2.0. I actually can't believe these are the same guys who brought the Arkham games.

They don't talk about the business model yet, but just like GK it looks like they are going for psuedo-live-service?
IDK about live service. They mention "ongoing support" but Arkham had that since City and all it really boiled down to were challenge maps and costumes.

Seems like relatively inoffensive super-hero open world (with the classic excuse of "This one bad guy has turned everyone into zombie-expies" to explain no civilizans and limited enemies. IE Web of Shadows)

Though yeah, the character choices don't leave much interesting on the table. Harley has no special powers, Deadshots powers is guns, which is fine except every other character also has guns. Shark is just big muscle and Captain Boomerang oddly seems to have the most interesting looking abilities (while also using guns, as the comments are memeing to death lol)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And as the video kept going, I'm starting to realize this is pretty much gotham knight 2.0. I actually can't believe these are the same guys who brought the Arkham games.
I'm not shocked and we all saw this coming.

Seems like relatively inoffensive super-hero open world (with the classic excuse of "This one bad guy has turned everyone into zombie-expies" to explain no civilizans and limited enemies. IE Web of Shadows)
Which is the big issue. Everything about it is generic and safe. The fact that the Justice League are mind controlled bad guys makes it even less interesting to play. Have the bad guys fight actual other bad guys/worse guys that aren't just generic zombies, alien parasites or whatever.

IDK about live service. They mention "ongoing support" but Arkham had that since City and all it really boiled down to were challenge maps and costumes.
It was pretty clear from the get-go, since this game early inception, that there was always going to be a live service element. Go and look at a lot of the early gameplay trailers when they showed exp and customizations. The only reason why they're backing down now or trying to get rid of most of it, is because of Gotham Knights poor reception. Also this:

Last edited: