General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Oh yes, they have been caught multiple times doing this, but I believe this is the first time they got lawsuit from it.

"We'll fix it", they said.
"We'll be more honest with the rate", they said.
"It's because we're so focused on new jobs (6th advancement) and bringing new content!" they said.

Meanwhile the base game has remained outdated

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
"One of the things we saw is that gamers are used to, a little bit like DVD, having and owning their games. That's the consumer shift that needs to happen. They got comfortable not owning their CD collection or DVD collection. That's a transformation that's been a bit slower to happen [in games]. As gamers grow comfortable in that aspect… you don't lose your progress. If you resume your game at another time, your progress file is still there. That's not been deleted. You don't lose what you've built in the game or your engagement with the game. So it's about feeling comfortable with not owning your game.

"I still have two boxes of DVDs. I definitely understand the gamers perspective with that. But as people embrace that model, they will see that these games will exist, the service will continue, and you'll be able to access them when you feel like. That's reassuring."
Reassuring my ass, because it's only true so long as the C-suits deign it to be.

Fortunately, I'm already very comfortable with Ubisoft not getting anything from me. Not now nor ever again.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Reassuring my ass, because it's only true so long as the C-suits deign it to be.

Fortunately, I'm already very comfortable with Ubisoft not getting anything from me. Not now nor ever again.
"But as people embrace that model, they will see that these games will exist, the service will continue, and you'll be able to access them when you feel like. That's reassuring."
Sure, let me just fire up my copy of Trackmania Valley... oh wait, I can't play it- the servers are down and the game won't run without them.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Am I the only cheapskate who things $50 for PoP Lost Crown is a bit much? Most 2D metroidvanias cost $20-$30.
Yeah hundred percent that price is a bit beyond the usual expectation of even the high quality sidecrolling metravoids. £30 is highest I'd maybe go if real garunteed excellence, but asking £45 is just being cheeky bastards. Though keep seeing VNs appear on PSN store around similar or higher costs, wtf's going on in VN world? And Nintendo remain the stubborn cunts they've always been. All 3 xenoblade and splatoon games are still exact the same price in their store to this day!

Literally any other studio. I have multiple Ubisoft games, and they are all samey. Even the Division 1, and 2 Were good but were too lackluster. No, I am not playing Siege.
Do you mean publisher? Cause the dev studio is the one behind the acclaimed rayman games, not a part of the ubisoft formula and not a part of Siege neither. Is one of the few remaining talents left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Novgorod

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Gacha is a grift and the folks who actually like it are either grifters or marks.

Also, you just know the only difference between Nexon and other gacha peddlers is that Nexon got caught.
Eh,

i will say that Genshin Impact still is a good, fun game. And way better than many pay-to-win freemium models. And that even Gacha itself is not so fundamentally different from e.g. MTG Online or Magic Arena or any of the other online collectable card games.
There are still issues with gambling addiction but even those pale in comparison to other gambling opportunities. And should be challenged with the very same restrictions and measures.

What Nexon did, lying about drop rates, is way worse. And unusual.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Rockstar of course deserves the rights to the letter R, because they invented it.

What Nexon did, lying about drop rates, is way worse. And unusual.
I agree, tho am not convinced fiddling with rates is unusual.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
There are so many gacha games and most never have such scandals. While the regular gamer might not notice, whales and those influencers making money from "i open 10000 pack" shows would soon get suspicious.

It is usually not worth the risk. If good items become too common, just do some power creep to let people hunt for the next shinies instead. Or rotate stuff out or nerf it.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Rockstar of course deserves the rights to the letter R, because they invented it.

Kinda funny -
“The bullet in the letter R in the old logo represented the era of Max Payne, but the Remedy of now is much bigger than a single game; we have a whole portfolio of games, new and old.”

“It was time to update and redefine our visual identity to bring more consistency, showcase our evolution over the years, and better express our vision of today’s Remedy.”

So, is the extra R for “Reloaded”, or maybe “Reinvented”? “Revamped”, or “Revitalized”? “Reconstructed”? The possibilities are near endless! As long as they keep “Remedy” spelled out I don’t see the issue and Rockstar is wasting they’re time and fans’ money.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Well, you guys can get comfortable with people not paying for the subscription AND not buying the game
If that's how they're going to be, then I am not buying Lost Crown. Nothing has changed with the executive class, and Sterling already predicted these assholes doing this. I am not even shocked.

Reactions: FakeSympathy