General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

The Yakuza series will continue to be a turn-based JRPG going forward! And this makes me super happy because Yakuza 7 was absolutely my favorite in the series. While I do like the action-based gameplay of some of the Yakuza games. I would argue that Yakuza 1,2,3, and 4 had rather lame combat. The action combat didn't work until 5 and beyond when they got the tech to handle their vision for the action itself.

And to continue the action based games through the Judgement series is a good way to continue that gametype for the people who liked that kind of thing.

But I am more excited now for the next Yakuza game because it will follow Like a Dragon's JRPG combat style and that's awesome.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Great news @Dalisclock!

There's three different editions on PS4 and Switch.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

So I just saw this, and am genuinely stoked. The first Sheltered was one of those random games I came across due to a youtuber I follow, and it looked neat, and I ended up loving the hell out of it. I've got over 200 hours in it, and never can bring myself to uninstall it, just in case I get an itch to play it again.

And now they're making a new one! And it's not just a side scrolling, retro 8-bit thing. No, they're putting a significant amount of work into upgrading the various elements of the game, but they still feel very familiar. Basically the "what you had before, but better, and with more stuff."

So, yeah I'm eagerly looking forward to this one.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Y'all know my distaste of hype, but this incredibly vague nothingburger from a site known for taking the mickey has got me hype af boi!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Whether that means free or just discounted remains to be seen.

Also,

I have a feeling CDPR themselves wouldn’t have released such a half-assed rushjob if it wasn’t for becoming a publicly traded company (which this thread seems to imply), so the ideal situation would be perhaps a dissolution where their overseers get hammered into oblivion while CDPR returns to being a private enterprise with a much smaller fine citing violations of good faith or something, along with a probationary condition of far harsher punishment if something similar happens again.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wasn't there another Necromunda game as lacklustre as Deathwing?
There's this one.
Which is really similar to this other warhammer game:

Necromunda came out apparently super buggy with brain dead AI that would take way too long to do their turn so I never picked it up. Mordheim was kinda cool (gameplay was kinda like valkyria chronicle only without all the cheap crap that ruin the gameplay) but it was really repetitive and bad luck could screw your character.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Double Dragon Neon is getting physical versions on Switch!