General Gaming News.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Some good behind the scenes info here -

“I can’t wait for people to see what Santa Monica is making.”

-Hermen Hulst, head of PlayStation and former head of Guerrilla Games.

Creative director of Miles Morales also noted GoW: Ragnarok as his most anticipated game.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Someone found references to FFVII Remake in the Epic Games Store backend. So, pc version? If so, probably EGS exclusive, like Kingdom Hearts 3. Possibly to release this coming december, cuz that's when the exclusivity is supposedly ending.
If you want, you can check it out for yourself here. It's under "customAttributes", then "CloudSaveFolder" and "CloudExcludeList".

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Sounds like it’s open to user base providing they meet some basic conditions -

Signups are limited to PS5 owners in the US, UK, Canada, Japan, Germany and France, and you need to be over 18 to take part. If you’re selected, you’ll receive an email with info on how to download the beta firmware.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Then show something, Platinum and Nintendo. Enough with the going smoothly rhetoric. Either you have something or you don't. You announced this back in December of 2017 at the Game Awards. I know COVID screwed everything up, but even a 2 minute trailer is something over nothing.

Konami is making a compilation of the GBA Castlevania games. I'm not interested in those, because I am not a big fan of the Metroidvania games. For those that are, you know no longer have to keep playing on your GBA, Gameboy Player, or Emulator.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Konami is making a compilation of the GBA Castlevania games. I'm not interested in those, because I am not a big fan of the Metroidvania games. For those that are, you know no longer have to keep playing on your GBA, Gameboy Player, or Emulator.

They're not my first choice of CV games but it is nice to see Konami(or M2) releasing actual GAMES for a change, even if it's a bunch of their older ones.

Maybe they'll eventually put SotN in a collection that releases on PC/Switch......

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
They're not my first choice of CV games but it is nice to see Konami(or M2) releasing actual GAMES for a change, even if it's a bunch of their older ones.

Maybe they'll eventually put SotN in a collection that releases on PC/Switch......
If they do, it'll probably be the Rondo/SotN double pack from PSN. I did not buy the double pack yet, but I have Rondo of Blood on the TurboGrafx-16 Mini. I should start playing that later. I just want the Castlevania Adventure ReBirth game. If they put that on the compilation as a nice bonus, I would get the compilation for that one game.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
If they do, it'll probably be the Rondo/SotN double pack from PSN. I did not buy the double pack yet, but I have Rondo of Blood on the TurboGrafx-16 Mini. I should start playing that later. I just want the Castlevania Adventure ReBirth game. If they put that on the compilation as a nice bonus, I would get the compilation for that one game.
I picked up the Rondo/SoTN pack for PS4 a week or so ago when I heard about it so I'll be moving on to that once I go through Bloodlines(though I might take a break to play something else for a bit). The fact I haven't played either of those was the big reason I felt it was worth picking up, though I don't know if the compilation if actually well done or not. As long as it's reasonably playable that should be enough.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I picked up the Rondo/SoTN pack for PS4 a week or so ago when I heard about it so I'll be moving on to that once I go through Bloodlines(though I might take a break to play something else for a bit). The fact I haven't played either of those was the big reason I felt it was worth picking up, though I don't know if the compilation if actually well done or not. As long as it's reasonably playable that should be enough.
The compilation is great. I heard nothing was done wrong, and if I remember correctly, has both English dubs of SotN.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
The compilation is great. I heard nothing was done wrong, and if I remember correctly, has both English dubs of SotN.
The only real complaint I heard from some is that the new dub of SoTN isn't as good, but considering how cheesy that dub is, I'm not sure if that's a complaint I'm gonna lose sleep over. Yes, that famous exchange between Drac and Richtor is very memetic but I'm not sure I'd call it "good".

Then again, CV has always been Cheesy, now that I'm playing them. Why is there a mummy boss in every game? Why is Frankenstein's Monster in Dracs castle in the 1400's? Stokers Dracula Novel is canon in the CV universe? Doesn't matter because it's not meant to be particularly serious to begin with.

Though that does make me kinda sad they didn't do a CV game set in 1897 depicting the events of Dracula but in CV gameplay. Quincy Morris with a Bowie knife for the Vampire Kill.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The only real complaint I heard from some is that the new dub of SoTN isn't as good, but considering how cheesy that dub is, I'm not sure if that's a complaint I'm gonna lose sleep over. Yes, that famous exchange between Drac and Richtor is very memetic but I'm not sure I'd call it "good".
The new dub is better, but the old dub is so iconic for its opening and voice acting. In fact, the guy who voices Richtor Belmont in the PS1 version, was the very first voice for Chris Redfield. May the Ramsay Scott McCulloch rest in peace. I will say that Alucard's voice is best in the PS1 version. Not that Yuri Lowenthal wasn't trying, but Alucard OG voice has this bad ass baritone I can't get rid of.

Then again, CV has always been Cheesy, now that I'm playing them. Why is there a mummy boss in every game? Why is Frankenstein's Monster in Dracs castle in the 1400's?
Because everyone involved loved Universal Monsters.

Though that does make me kinda sad they didn't do a CV game set in 1897 depicting the events of Dracula but in CV gameplay. Quincy Morris with a Bowie knife for the Vampire Kill.
I think because of Bloodlines, they chose not to do it again. They felt it was enough and did not want to repeat themselves. Despite doing the same thing several times over for over 20 years. I would not mind your idea.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

So I adored FF IX, possibly the most out of all of the games I've played. However, I have to wonder if there's any chance this will be remotely good. I mean, they're apparently planning to aim it at the 8-13 demographic and, while IX is brightly colored and has some really unique looking characters, it also tackles subjects like Existentialism and Genocide. So I'm not holding out high hopes for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I think because of Bloodlines, they chose not to do it again. They felt it was enough and did not want to repeat themselves. Despite doing the same thing several times over for over 20 years. I would not mind your idea.
I mostly threw it out because I know Konami isn't gonna make any more CV games for the near future at least, or any that matter.

I'm also a little annoyed there's literally a scene in the novel where a Texan with a giant bowie knife stabs dracula in the chest during the climax(while Van Helsing is chopping his head off), which is like the most hollywood thing in the enitre book(long before hollywood was a thing) and not only does it not make into most of the adaptations, Quincy Morris himself apparently gets excised from the story in most film adaptations. What the Hell, Hollywood? Stoker GAVE this to you!

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm also a little annoyed there's literally a scene in the novel where a Texan with a giant bowie knife stabs dracula in the chest during the climax(while Van Helsing is chopping his head off), which is like the most hollywood thing in the enitre book(long before hollywood was a thing) and not only does it not make into most of the adaptations, Quincy Morris himself apparently gets excised from the story in most film adaptations. What the Hell, Hollywood? Stoker GAVE this to you!
Because most are idiots that claim to know what's best for everyone. How they miss this guy in most adaptions is beyond me. I did not even know that was the case. I vaguely read Dracula once in high school. Carmailla too while I'm at it, so I don't remember much. At least Castlevania done something with the Morris family and Quincey got a name drop in Bloodlines.

Off-topic: Watch Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, if you have not done so. You won't be disappointed and it's directed by the man who did Ninja Scroll and Wicked City.