Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I know a Twitch streamer who's going all-in on New World. Thing is, the last game he went all-in on was Disintegration, and, well, that didn't exactly set the world on fire....
Apparently New World is Bricking 3090 graphics cards, but not limited to those specifically. While I'm a little bit Jealous that someone has a 3090 to brick, much more I can imagine how fucking pissed those people are to have their clearly not cheap new GPUs broken by Amazon's Beta MMO.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Games a service is here to stay and there is absolutely fuck all you can do about it. Crying about how people are brainwashed in a small forum will change nothing. Especially in an age where people want to spend money on services and some go overboard with it
I never give up. I warn those close to me, so they don't get screwed over or worst. I do what I can' not everything. If you wanna quit that badly, go right ahead. I am not stopping you. Besides, I'm doing more than "crying" on a small forum.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Yeah I enjoyed those books. I really remember loving Red Storm Rising as a kid, and LOVED the submarine game based on it on my ancient PC. Having to do things like hide under the thermal curtain, and run slow and silent to try and avoid patrols, and get your various attacks in, was really fun and tense, even with the low rez graphics for the engagement maps. Watching those blips move around the map between sensor sweeps...and seeing one vanish as you lost track of it, only to have it show up behind you, was tense as hell.

The...I think it was the first Rainbow 6 game was really fun. I enjoyed how you spent so much time trying to plan out the different squads routing paths, and breach orders, and it felt SO good when you got an engagement to go off with zero injuries or fatalities, on both the team and hostages. I don't recall playing any of the other ones after that, so I have no clue if they kept with the "spend as much time or more in the planning phase" or if they just went over to shooty pew pew, bang bang, like most FPS's after it.
I played both of those games and they were great. I really wish it would get a re release or a remake of RSR but right now it's abandonware(which surprises me ubisoft doesn't own that as well). I think at least Rainbow 6 can still be obtained legit.

Reactions: happyninja42

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Dalisclock and @happyninja42, I have never once read a Tom Clancy book. I still have no motivation to do so either. Even the good ones.

Blizzard has fucked that all up. Everything. I can't think of many people (even streamers and youtubes focused on Blizzard) that hold much hope for the company anymore. Warcraft Reforged, the last TWO expansions (aka FOUR FUCKING YEARS) of WoW, Overwatch dying, Starcraft dying, Diablo being a fucking mobile joke.
How's OverWatch dying? Not a hardcore fan, but I last I checked, it was doing dine.

Everything Blizzard had, has been systematically burned to the ground.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
@Dalisclock and @happyninja42, I have never once read a Tom Clancy book. I still have no motivation to do so either. Even the good ones.
Fair enough. At this point I don't think I would either, since I've moved past that point in my life where the books appealed to me. Especially when his works became American Cheerleading all the time.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fair enough. At this point I don't think I would either, since I've moved past that point in my life where the books appealed to me.
I sill read actual books on occasion, but they have to interest me. I gotta finish the Kyoshi books, now that I remember. Still on book 1.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
How's OverWatch dying? Not a hardcore fan, but I last I checked, it was doing dine.
It has had a been falling off of the casual player base and tried too hard on focus for making the game competitive. Most people who've stuck with the game are whales for it, but your average Joe player has basically stopped playing from what I've seen. It's hard to really tell because the game isn't a subscription model and if you bought it 7 years ago then you can always boot it up to play a few matches.

Top that with absolutely nothing in terms of info about Overwatch 2 and whatever the fuck it's supposed to be and there is legit concern about the game.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Apparently New World is Bricking 3090 graphics cards, but not limited to those specifically. While I'm a little bit Jealous that someone has a 3090 to brick, much more I can imagine how fucking pissed those people are to have their clearly not cheap new GPUs broken by Amazon's Beta MMO.

That's a problem. I watched a few streams of the game yesterday when the beta went live and holy shit it looks boring as fuck. The questing seems dogshit and the leveling/crafting systems seem tedious and grindy for no fucking reason.....oh wait they are going to sell profession and level boosts in the cash shop, nevermind i know the reason. New World is going to suck donkey dick, mark my words.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Yeah I can't say I'm a huge fan of his genre. The military/espionage/politics genre, especially the ones that are so pro-military. But they were competently written, had compelling plots, and the various factors were engaging enough for 12 year old me to enjoy them. Never read his other stuff that I can recall.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Welp, Google and Amazon are a cavalcade of fuck ups when it comes to making games or consoles.
To be fair, bricking machines is not exactly a new or unique thing and real game companies have had this happen. No Man's Sky and Cyberpunk 2077 are two notable examples. So it's hard to outright laugh at Amazon specifically because of this, and much easier to laugh at the game just being bad :)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
To be fair, bricking machines is not exactly a new or unique thing and real game companies have had this happen. No Man's Sky and Cyberpunk 2077 are two notable examples. So it's hard to outright laugh at Amazon specifically because of this, and much easier to laugh at the game just being bad :)
I have forgotten, just making note to add to the pile.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Yeah, caught word of that on Jayz Two Cents just as I was finishing up work and let the streamer know.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
I never give up. I warn those close to me, so they don't get screwed over or worst. I do what I can' not everything. If you wanna quit that badly, go right ahead. I am not stopping you. Besides, I'm doing more than "crying" on a small forum.
I am here to tell you that's it's Chinatown. They will take glance at your advice and then go back to dumping a hundred on their GaaS of choice because time is money.

If this makes you and Sterling feel any better, they are shutting down Elite Squad

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

And I just won my 3080 from newegg shuffle; That's one game I won't be playing.

It's like Amazon has a secret deal with AMD to fry GPUs of their competitor...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am here to tell you that's it's Chinatown. They will take glance at your advice and then go back to dumping a hundred on their GaaS of choice because time is money.
Some will, some won't. They will learn either easy way or the hard way. The choice is theirs.

If this makes you and Sterling feel any better, they are shutting down Elite Squad
I didn't even know that existed. Good, now more their crap can fuck off too.