Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Or he could just, you know, not do that
If it's like another funky music video or two bolted on, I'd be tad curious at least. But if it's shit like the Donnie Darko director's cut that just threw a few pace-annihilating literal pages of text silently on screen for the audience to catch up, while swapping the distinctive Echo and The Bunnymen intro track out for some bland crappier tune, it can go suck another punch elsewhere.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I thought Sucker Punch already had a director's cut when it released on DVD. What can he possibly add at this point? If I didn't like it the first two times, I'm definitely not going to see another cut of the film. I'm glad I didn't have to pay to see either version.
I feel like he didn't understand his own movie, given he thought Babydoll saying that the movie was whatshername's story made any damn sense.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

I'm very confused...
I mean, the first episodes were aired more than 20 years. And the anime is notoriously awful (albeit a reputation earned mostly by the more modern episodes).

So a remake is not out of order. That said, I really don't care if they remake early One Piece, what needs a remake are all the epic fight scenes that were butchered and stretched to fit 12 episodes. And it'll take them years to get to those, so remaking everything from the start seems silly.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

What has shocked those recently upset by the cancellation of the Leigh Bardugo adaption Shadow and Bone was that the show featured fairly high up the list, which just further rubs salt into the wound and calls its cancellation into question.

Netflix canceled several series after the SAG-AFTRA and Writer’s Strikes came to an end last month, and the hit fantasy series was one of them. Of all the canceled series, though, Shadow and Bone ranked the highest in regards to views. In fact, nothing above it was canceled, meaning that just above the show was where Netflix drew the line.

Upon hearing the news, fans are not happy at all.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Or a joke. But ouch, sucks. Good that it's so rare, except that there's less understanding because it's so rare.
That poor woman has just copped it the past few years. I think in one week she lost her brother and her husband to cancer. Like one died on a Monday and the other on a Friday or something. If that happened in a movie we’d accuse it of being a farce or assume it was a black comedy.