General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

@Old_Hunter_77 you were looking for a reason to hit the theater, well hopefully this will be one.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Honestly, nowhere near bad as I imagined. While I'm glad they're not doing a shot for shot remake of the original, I do wish the two leads were given different names instead of Eric and Shelly. Each Crow story is different, so why not run with it. This version of Eric does kind of remind me Donte (DmC), but not even close to obnoxious. I'm more so referring to the look. I'll give it a chance.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@hanselthecaretaker2, it's official, Best Buy completely phase out all their physical blu-rays and dvds. Pussies. I pretty much have no reason to come up here unless I'm getting a game or maybe a new TV screen. And even then, the games you have to get a sticker card so they can get it out of the back now. I take it this is a security reason, but it's still dumb. You already got them in those security cases why would you need to get the cards in those cases as well? This is why people continue to go to Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
@hanselthecaretaker2, it's official, Best Buy completely phase out all their physical blu-rays and dvds. Pussies. I pretty much have no reason to come up here unless I'm getting a game or maybe a new TV screen. And even then, the games you have to get a sticker card so they can get it out of the back now. I take it this is a security reason, but it's still dumb. You already got them in those security cases why would you need to get the cars in those cases as well? This is why people continue to go to Amazon
Too much overhead for them to compete with Amazon I guess, going up against a massive volume-based/free shipping giant on one hand plus anyone else just resorting to streaming services on the other. They’re going to have to rethink their business model or go the way of the dodo.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Too much overhead for them to compete with Amazon I guess, going up against a massive volume-based/free shipping giant on one hand plus anyone else just resorting to streaming services on the other. They’re going to have to rethink their business model or go the way of the dodo.
I am not too upset, but at the same time I like shopping for physical media, and now I have one less option. To get DVD/Blu-Rays new, you pretty much have to go to Target, Meijer, FYE, Wal-Mart, or whatever secondhand retail stores are available.

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
This was neat treat to see in my feed -

@nitro8611 4 years ago
My parents saw this movie in theaters. They told me that the entire audience was dead silent as this scene unfolded. This scene, more than anything, truly illustrated how utterly unstoppable the Terminator was. Imagine being in a police station, surrounded by dozens of police officers with guns and automatic weapons, and still not being safe. Because nothing will stop the Terminator until you are dead. NOTHING. James Cameron is a genius.

And the remastered version -

@kennytee6882 4 years ago
Imagine if he sat on the bench and waited

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
This scene, more than anything, truly illustrated how utterly unstoppable the Terminator was. Imagine being in a police station, surrounded by dozens of police officers with guns and automatic weapons, and still not being safe.
To be fair, being in a building surrounded by armed police doesn't make you safe from a school shooter.

Hell, being surrounded by armed police doesn't make you safe when there isn't any other danger.

While...yes...Anya Taylor Joy doesn't have the same presence as Charlize Theron.

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
To be fair, being in a building surrounded by armed police doesn't make you safe from a school shooter.

Hell, being surrounded by armed police doesn't make you safe when there isn't any other danger.

True times have certainly changed, but within the context of the movie I took it as look, there’s a building full of officers who are literally trained to “protect and serve”, yet they all fall like dominoes in the path of one guy on a mission.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
True times have certainly changed, but within the context of the movie I took it as look, there’s a building full of officers who are literally trained to “protect and serve”, yet they all fall like dominoes in the path of one guy on a mission.
True, I was being snarky (though I don't think times have changed, more media exposure has).

Iconic scene, and "I'll be back" really works in context, not the way it got forced in his later films. I hate to see what they'd do if the remade it today.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
While Alien is still the best one with it's slow gradual pacing, after the obnoxious navel gazing of the last two films I'm up for a nice and simple Alien slaughterfest, if that is indeed what Romulus is going to be.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
While Alien is still the best one with it's slow gradual pacing, after the obnoxious navel gazing of the last two films I'm up for a nice and simple Alien slaughterfest, if that is indeed what Romulus is going to be.
Arrested Development Narrator: In fact, Romulus was about to triple down on the so-called navel gazing by framing its monster narrative around the histrionics of, you guessed it, another android with a God complex.

*cut to Michael Fassbender closing the script*

MF: (sigh) I've made a huge mistake.