General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

It's set in the current Jurassic World setting, but I do think it looks better than the other live-action stuff we've been getting

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Holy crap. Lex Luthor, Amanda Waller, Supergirl, Liverwire, parademon (which means darkseid?), Atomic Skull, and I think Metallo? Looks great!

Reactions: BrawlMan

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I was pretty excited Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, but then I saw its coming out in a couple days. Like they just announced it. I thought "huh thats weird" so I went and looked and it's written and directed by the Maze Runner guy. Looks to be a Disney IP cash grab. Reeves bailed on it back during covid.

geralt-fuck.gif

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was pretty excited Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, but then I saw its coming out in a couple days. Like they just announced it. I thought "huh thats weird" so I went and looked and it's written and directed by the Maze Runner guy. Looks to be a Disney IP cash grab. Reeves bailed on it back during covid.

View attachment 11112
Don't fall into the despair my friend. At worse, the movie might just be average. I don't like to judge my trailer, but the only trailer I saw for this movie makes it look good enough. I pray that everything turns out well.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

View attachment 11112
You know it’s entirely possible for a director to be average on one movie and stellar on another right?

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
You know it’s entirely possible for a director to be average on one movie and stellar on another right?
Anything is possible, I just noticed Maze Runner Trilogy is Wes Balls "only" film credential. Granted the first film did gangbusters, but it was a downward trend. I think, looking at the fact literally everyone from the original trilogy is gone, including Andy Serkis, this ones a hard wait for reviews.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Reviews have started pouring in for Apes Strong Together 4: Tragic Kingdom. I'm happy to be wrong though it's a bit of a mixed bag. the general consensus seems to be that it's a notch above fine, notch below great, but a strong start to a trilogy if they can keep it going. If anything I was surprised to hear glowing reviews for the CGI.

I'm hearing a lot of people saying more than enjoying the movie they are intrigued to see where it goes as we close the timeline gap between the 1970s films and the reboot.

I'm leaning towards biting the bullet and going out to it

1715189419410.png

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Reviews have started pouring in for Apes Strong Together 4: Tragic Kingdom. I'm happy to be wrong though it's a bit of a mixed bag. the general consensus seems to be that it's a notch above fine, notch below great, but a strong start to a trilogy if they can keep it going. If anything I was surprised to hear glowing reviews for the CGI.

I'm hearing a lot of people saying more than enjoying the movie they are intrigued to see where it goes as we close the timeline gap between the 1970s films and the reboot.

I'm leaning towards biting the bullet and going out to it

View attachment 11144
Actually I should say early reviews "in general" are a good sign. If it was a dud they'd be much more reluctant to allow prerelease reviews so the number crunchers must have faith in this one.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I find it funny, as TMS has pointed out, people in the entertainment journal industry are already acting like Arcane or Castlevania don't exist/don't count/don't matter now. What else is new?