Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I think my question be "ok then what are the stakes?"
Exactly. There ARE none. The only story I can fathom is the beginnings of a career criminal and a pathological detective and their initial intersecting into what would become the relationship of tacit, mutual respect explored in Heat, the latter of which is the more interesting story, and was told in 1995. If they just want to do another heist film, fine, but tying it to the legacy of Heat because "successful" is just dumb and unnecessary.

I wonder what they're going to call it. I say pull out all the dumb-stops and just call it Cold.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Mostly meh and the order of the good ones mostly isn’t where I’d have it. At least the dumbest ones are near the back of the list.
It's Variety, the usual mainstream ordering of crappy lists. The only Blumhouse movies I care for are the later Purge movies starting at Anarchy, Get Out, and Us. Happy Death Day I have not seen, but my dad loves the shit out of that movie.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It's Variety, the usual mainstream ordering of crappy lists. The only Blumhouse movies I care for are the later Purge movies starting at Anarchy, Get Out, and Us. Happy Death Day I have not seen, but my dad loves the shit out of that movie.
It was kind of a teeny bopper type of horror flick but at least did something a bit different than expected.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
What? When? He had this big speech about how he didn't want to do a third movie, cuz he didn't know how he's going to top the second movie. So now he wants to make a prequel? Why? Just make another sequel and be done with it. It doesn't even have to have the same characters. Place them in a different universe, but in a different situation, or a certain group of people tangently related to what happened in the last movie. It's not that hard.
I dont know. This was a couple years ago. Hes working on Havoc now so maybe hes hasnt worked out the story yet.

Mostly meh and the order of the good ones mostly isn’t where I’d have it. At least the dumbest ones are near the back of the list.
I disagree with literally every choice in that list, but I also thought Hush and Oculus were great films which only proves we are all unique and special butterflies.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Exactly. There ARE none. The only story I can fathom is the beginnings of a career criminal and a pathological detective and their initial intersecting into what would become the relationship of tacit, mutual respect explored in Heat, the latter of which is the more interesting story, and was told in 1995. If they just want to do another heist film, fine, but tying it to the legacy of Heat because "successful" is just dumb and unnecessary.

I wonder what they're going to call it. I say pull out all the dumb-stops and just call it Cold.
Eh, I think the idea was that some of the criminals were ex-military and maybe knew each other there, so you could do a war movie with them getting all disillusioned and ending up only caring about themselves/each other rather than 'Merica or whatever.

I bet they will not do this, though.

(Also, the name "Heat" is awkward. It's bad to say "Val Kilmer was in Heat", cause it sounds dirty, but when mentioning Natalie Portman who, IIRC, was a little kid at the time, I'm going to have to make up a long and convoluted sentence to be clear.)

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Natalie Portman who, IIRC, was a little kid at the time, I'm going to have to make up a long and convoluted sentence to be clear.)
You know I was about to say you're confusing Heat with The Professional but I double checked and wow it has obviously been fucking years since I watched Heat cos sure as you say, she was in it.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Today Tom Cruise turned 60 and Top Gun: Maverick is both officially the highest-grossing movie of his career as well as the highest-grossing movie of 2022 so far.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Today Tom Cruise turned 60 and Top Gun: Maverick is both officially the highest-grossing movie of his career as well as the highest-grossing movie of 2022 so far.

Christ I knew Spider-Man had done good business, but I didn’t realise it did THAT good.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I will say though that I am absolutely sick of seeing that freaking haircut being put on every character under the sun.
Granted, I don't watch nearly as much anime as I used to, so this is probably a recent anime design trend I've yet to notice.

Higher Quality Trailer

Last edited: