General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Never knew about the disrespect to stunt men thing. It’s a fictional “what if” story anyways so it was kinda ridiculous this got so much flack anyways.
Disrespecting the stuntmen is new to me. I exactly don't trust Tarantino's words yet. It's odd that this is never brought up before, until now. And from what I remember, he was at least nice to the stunt guys in Enter the Dragon. Hell, Bruce Lee apologized for breaking Jackie Chan's nose at the time. Back when Chan was still in his early stuntman career. I'm taking everything with a grain of salt right now. I still have no plans on seeing his movie.

Last edited:

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

Never knew about the disrespect to stunt men thing. It’s a fictional “what if” story anyways so it was kinda ridiculous this got so much flack anyways.
Why is anyone still talking about this?

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Go fuck yourself~
I take it you hated Last Jedi. You've done nothing wrong, and odds are you mentioned your dislike before. I like the film, but it has plenty of problems. I do still think it's the best of the Sequel Trilogy. As a reminder, Return of Skywalker pretty much killed all my interest in SW, barring a few exceptions. Rian is only part of the problem. The main problem is Disney keeps writing by the seat of their pants, and had no overall plan for Star Wars from the very beginning.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Go fuck yourself~
Considering Force Awakens was lambasted as a nostalgia trough for the masses and Rise of Skywalker for being milquetoast and stupid, I too would be proud of the film that had the brass nuts to do something interesting, if clumsily, with the sacred cow.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, it was a bad film, but there were distinct hints of someone trying something there. Though, helps that nowdays after seeing the film you can also read online what they were trying to do with it, in case you totally missed it for some reason.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Go fuck yourself~
As time goes on, I find his approach and attitude to this movie more and more arrogant. Maybe there is to be something said for going against the grain and doing your own thing, but in my mind, defying expectations is about all the movie can muster. It can't be bothered to replace our defied expectations with anything better. The way he describes it, “when I was up at bat, I really swung at the ball”, really makes it sound like he was more interested in making a splash rather than making a plain old good movie.

I don't think he's a terrible director, there were moments in the movie that I thought were great. I quite enjoyed Knives Out and am looking forward to the sequel. But every time I look back on TLJ, I'll only ever see it as a some superfan's edgy fanfiction brought to the big screen.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Actually, I might amend my previous comment. Apparently he said that the reason nobody had used the Holdo maneuver before was along the lines of "Dunno, we'll let the fans make something up to explain it", which shows a lack of caring. Now, it might still be fair to say that he seemed more invested that those immediately before or after, but that's still faint praise.

TLDR: Booo! (but less "o"s and exclamation marks than for TFA or ROS)

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Not sure they’ll get away with this. This new CEO is proving to be a massive POS.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Not sure they’ll get away with this. This new CEO is proving to be a massive POS.
That just means more money and subscribers for Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. I have no problem quitting HBO MAX, if that is the case. There is reason why I am physical forever guy. My heart goes out to the employees that were laid off. Hopefully, the other web and network platforms will pick them up. I am sure Netflix has got plenty of room.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

I think this will go down as another interesting/infuriating case of an individual in power singlehandedly ruining things for everyone. I find it hard to believe everyone in WB/Discovery is on board with what they're planning.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
That just means more money and subscribers for Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. I have no problem quitting HBO MAX, if that is the case. There is reason why I am physical forever guy. My heart goes out to the employees that were laid off. Hopefully, the other web and network platforms will pick them up. I am sure Netflix has got plenty of room.
I'd quit HBO Max, but then again, the only reason I have it is because my dad is letting me use his account so is it better to quit or keep using it without paying? I only really used it to watch Peacemaker anyway.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'd quit HBO Max, but then again, the only reason I have it is because my dad is letting me use his account so is it better to quit or keep using it without paying? I only really used it to watch Peacemaker anyway.
I use my brother's account, but once he finds out about this, he's not gonna like it.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The only reason I still have my HBO Max subscription is for Primal and Season 2 of Our Flag Means Death, which is still seemingly set for release.

After that...

2dF4.gif

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Actually, I might amend my previous comment. Apparently he said that the reason nobody had used the Holdo maneuver before was along the lines of "Dunno, we'll let the fans make something up to explain it", which shows a lack of caring. Now, it might still be fair to say that he seemed more invested that those immediately before or after, but that's still faint praise.

TLDR: Booo! (but less "o"s and exclamation marks than for TFA or ROS)
It’s not the director’s job to make up lore. And since fans inevitably ***** about it I too am happy for them to wank out an explanation for the not unreasonable question of why has no one thought about hitting ships with large chunks of metal or rock moving at hyper speed until now?