Never bet against James Cameron.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

It keeps going and going and going…
The way of water has no beginning and no end. The sea is around you and within you. The sea is your home — before your birth, and after your death. Our hearts beat in the womb of the world, our breath burns in the shadow of the deep. The sea gives, and the sea takes. Water connects all things, life to death, darkness to light.

Reactions: gorfias

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The way of water has no beginning and no end. The sea is around you and within you. The sea is your home — before your birth, and after your death. Our hearts beat in the womb of the world, our breath burns in the shadow of the deep. The sea gives, and the sea takes. Water connects all things, life to death, darkness to light.
That’s pretty deep…just like the sea!

Reactions: gorfias and Hawki

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Okay, HBO, gonna need to chill there for a moment. Just because TLOU is doing well doesn't mean this will
I dunno, a tv series covering all seven years of a group of students, assuming a season per year, sounds like it it would do gangbusters if it was as good as shit like Wizards of Waverley Place.

Unless they go all “Producers” on us, I think this has a relatively small chance of failure.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Men aren't allowed to be in anything anymore. Nothing exists that can't be gender bent into a financial flop. When do you think Hollywood is gonna give this garbage up?

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Men aren't allowed to be in anything anymore. Nothing exists that can't be gender bent into a financial flop. When do you think Hollywood is gonna give this garbage up?
It’s based on a comic called the Last Ronin. Leo, Raph, and Donnie are already dead. Mikey is the only one left and he’s out for blood. The new turtles - two boys and two girls - are the ones who will be carrying on the legacy set down by him and his brothers. The comic was published in 2020, Messers Eastman and Laird on writing duties, and has a 5/5 rating on Google books.

Yeah, when was the last time there was a movie with men in it?

Having said that, they didn't need to reboot the turtles a bunch of times anyway.
Disagree, each new iteration of the brand has been fun and interesting. I didn’t like the Michael Bay produced films, but I have plenty of Turtles to pick from to quench my thirst so I’m not fussed.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It’s based on a comic called the Last Ronin. Leo, Raph, and Donnie are already dead. Mikey is the only one left and he’s out for blood. The new turtles - two boys and two girls - are the ones who will be carrying on the legacy set down by him and his brothers. The comic was published in 2020, Messers Eastman and Laird on writing duties, and has a 5/5 rating on Google books.
You think the film is gonna pull that off?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
You think the film is gonna pull that off?
Well that’s up to them. The point is this is not an Ocean’s 8 - and even then that to my mind was the most obvious way to make that kind of movie as the unmentioned siblings is a time honoured literary ass pull. So if this flops, it will be 98% because it was made by syphilitic gibbons and 2% assist from dickheads who misunderstand its origin and rail against it on ideological (hollow) grounds. And not cos it’s just, you know, shit.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Well that’s up to them. The point is this is not an Ocean’s 8 - and even then that to my mind was the most obvious way to make that kind of movie as the unmentioned siblings is a time honoured literary ass pull. So if this flops, it will be 98% because it was made by syphilitic gibbons and 2% assist from dickheads who misunderstand its origin and rail against it on ideological (hollow) grounds. And not cos it’s just, you know, shit.
I mean, I'm not expecting amazing storytelling from TMNT. I'm expecting mutant animal/human hybrids and ninjas doing stuff and a guy wearing a bunch of silverwear and maybe some alien shit.

IDK, I can't really get worked up about something that was basically a glorified toy commercial forever not sticking to canon. It'll either work or it won't. Depends on a bunch of things, not on if a couple of the characters can lay eggs or not.

Though if the lady turtles have turtle boobs then we can start worrying.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Why do i get the feeling this will be the flopped ghostbusters reboot all over again?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Why do i get the feeling this will be the flopped ghostbusters reboot all over again?
Well I don’t think it qualifies as a reboot because it’s just a late game sequel to the existing TMNT canon. Less JJ Abrams Trek, more Star Trek TNG. In concept at least, execution may differ.

Reactions: Dalisclock