German Group Holdling a "Killer Game" Cull

Skarvig

Jul 13, 2009
I'm ashamed of my people here. Well let's see if I can go there and trash my copy of "The Sims" there is no better killing simulator. In which game I'm able to see a starving/drowning/burning/electrocuted/diseased person die? But I bet they won't say that The Sims is a "Killer Spiel". The whole gathering is going to be full bigotry.

If anything there is to trash than it would be his classmates who treated him like sh*t.

Steambroom

Aug 8, 2009
Sadly Germany already has one of the strictest gaming restriction worldwide.
But some people never realise anything.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Kalezian said:
HK_01 said:
Oh, I am so ashamed of my country for this. This is seriously retarded, why do even the families of the victims themselves search for the easiest and most convenient "solution" to school shootings?
On a side note, I don't think they will be able to fill that bin(except with games nobody wants to play anymore, in order to get that jersey).
because they themselves know that if they didnt blame something else, people would point out how they didnt pay attention to what their kids play, buy, or watch.
Yeah, I know, but shouldn't the people whose kids have been endangered, injured or even killed in that school shooting try to find a real solution? Of all people, those are the ones who should attempt to prevent further school shootings by doing things that are actually useful, in my opinion.

Edit: Thinking about it, maybe I should go there to fish some of the good games that people will drop in there out of the bin. I get free games, they get the satisfaction of feeling they have done something. Win-win, right?

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Eoin Livingston said:
Ugh mental people ruin all our fun.

Malygris said:
The stylized image of a person throwing a videogame into the trash used in promotional material for the event is a modified version of one used to encourage citizens to do away with the swastika, using a game disc in place of the infamous Nazi symbol.
So violent video games are the equivalent of fucking Nazi's?

Idiots.
What video games did Hitler play? ;)

Skarvig

Jul 13, 2009
HK_01 said:
Yeah, I know, but shouldn't the people whose kids have been endangered, injured or even killed in that school shooting try to find a real solution? Of all people, those are the ones who should attempt to prevent further school shootings by doing things that are actually useful, in my opinion.
For them this is the solution. And this just saddens me.

Arassar

Nov 25, 2008
I'm glad we got most of this ridiculousness out of our system several years ago. Wacko Jacko excepted.

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
Eoin Livingston said:

Malygris said:
The stylized image of a person throwing a videogame into the trash used in promotional material for the event is a modified version of one used to encourage citizens to do away with the swastika, using a game disc in place of the infamous Nazi symbol.

Idiots.
Barbie's Horse Adventures

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
Eoin Livingston said:

Malygris said:

Idiots.
According to Youtube, he played Wow.
And he was pretty pissed at GTA IV not working for him.
Whatever.
OT:Yeah, this reminds me of book burning. Scary stuff.
People should be a little more aware of the things they are doing.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Lukeje said:
Baby Tea said:
But didn't the Nazis do the same thing with book burnings?
It's like an endless loop! They can't help but burn things!
Wow, Godwin's in the fifth post. Is that not a little tasteless for a moderator?
Technically it was in the OP, which is why I referenced it in the first place:

So, as I said, it's an endless loop!

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
I'm sick of these parents who use games as a scapegoat to make up for the fact that they lack in parenting skills, and keep firearms within arms reach of their child.

FLSH_BNG

May 27, 2008
This is ridiculous! If I had the money, I would stand beside my brothers in their hour of need.

To think that people still haven't proven themselves to possess the open minds they tout everywhere!

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
I'm going to laugh if they set a huge pile of dvd's on fire and murder everybody in the vicinity with the toxic smoke. Then I'd nominate them for a Darwin Award.

edgeofblade

Jan 8, 2009
Oh dear god. This is why I am in favor of space exploration. Because someday, we will have the chance to put light-years between us and the idiots who think this kinda of shit flies.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
Damn. That's another country off my list
of places to live. Is Canada still sane?
I would like to say that we still are...but we do everything america does(except harsh copyright laws(thank god)) and we have a moronic goverment who wants a majority and will start an election every 1-2 years. Its still not a bad place to live tough.

ReZerO

Mar 2, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
Damn. That's another country off my list
of places to live. Is Canada still sane?
I haven't heard of anything here in Canada about crazies trying to ban games. although there could be some little group somewhere making an effort. you just need a lot of money (more than a little group like this could muster) to start any kind of campain like that here, with how large our country and spread apart our population is.

and anyway, almost every major city in Canada has a big games studio, and a number of small ones... they supply employment and pay taxes, an industry our local goverments wouldn't want to see gone.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Yeah.. their campaign to do away with the Swatstika was EXACTLY the mass burnings I thought of here. :/

Germans sure love their burnings, and I for one am missing the Berlin Wall more than usual.