Get a Glimpse at BioWare's New Project

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
I am so filled with "MEHHH"

BTW.. of course it's more Mass Effect.. after all they did say it themselves.

MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
vivaldiscool said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/17/bioware-revealing-new-project-at-vgas-on-december-11/

Update: The sharp eyes of commenter Arth Vader picked up that the gun in the pic is either the M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle from the Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack or a reused asset. If it is the M-29, it would imply the game will be Mass Effect related.

Update 2: EA stated last February that something "far-reaching" was coming to Mass Effect in EA's Q4 fiscal 2010, which is between January 1 and March 31 of 2011.

Update 3: Okay, now things are just getting nerdy. BioWare blasted out the adjacent QR code on Twitter which, when decoded, reads: 001101010011010100101110001110000011010000110101. When converted from binary (we told you: nerdy) it reads: 55.845. Of course, as everyone knows, 55.845 is the atomic mass of iron. Maybe the presence of the word "mass" in our findings isn't quite enough to go on, but we're sure you'll agree that the presence of the word "mass" coupled with a piece of fan fiction titled Mass Effect: Iron Rebirth is practically a smoking M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle.

Update 4: And another QR code has been loosed upon the unsuspecting people of Twitter. This one translates into some binary which then translates into: 128.5°F. Converted to Celsius, that becomes -89.16666666666667 Celsius. "The coldest temperature ever recorded on earth is -89.2 degrees Celsius (-128.5 degrees Fahrenheit) at Vostok, Antarctica on July 21, 1983," says Wikipedia. This Mass Effect wiki page details Vostok, a "a medium system with four planets and an asteroid belt." The Soviet "Vostok Program" resulted in the first manned space flight. Oh, and that asteroid belt it mentions? The wiki page lists it as a "metal-rich asteroid." You know what else is metal? That's right, iron!
well as i recall Bioware said they wanted mass effect to be a big universe that homed more then just the story of shepperd maybe this is going to be a new story in said universe...
you know like their doing with dragon age 2.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Hawgh said:
Oh yay. Another, probably good, game. I could do without that commentator.

ZippyDSMlee said:
Considering they turned ME into an action game and Dragon age into a unbalanced simplified mess my care factor is over 9000.....
So you care a lot?
Only enough to rag on generic branded media. Bioware is as bad as Square depth,balance and gameplay has been traded in for crappy film like crap.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
This better be good. Hopefully some sort of Mass Effect prequel or spin-off or something entirely new! I can't wait. It's going to be like a birthday present from BioWare for me as the official announcement will be on my birthday! :D Squee!

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
coldalarm said:
The rifle, if anyone cares, is a lightly modified Incisor from Mass Effect 2.

Food for thought, there.
yeah thats what i thought mady well get ME 3 next year. that would be cool

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
not sure if anyone noticed this,

Looks like the guys gun if you pause it at the right time.

*Edit*

Looks like it has already been noticed...

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
the outsider said:
vivaldiscool said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/17/bioware-revealing-new-project-at-vgas-on-december-11/

Update: The sharp eyes of commenter Arth Vader picked up that the gun in the pic is either the M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle from the Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack or a reused asset. If it is the M-29, it would imply the game will be Mass Effect related.

Update 2: EA stated last February that something "far-reaching" was coming to Mass Effect in EA's Q4 fiscal 2010, which is between January 1 and March 31 of 2011.

Update 3: Okay, now things are just getting nerdy. BioWare blasted out the adjacent QR code on Twitter which, when decoded, reads: 001101010011010100101110001110000011010000110101. When converted from binary (we told you: nerdy) it reads: 55.845. Of course, as everyone knows, 55.845 is the atomic mass of iron. Maybe the presence of the word "mass" in our findings isn't quite enough to go on, but we're sure you'll agree that the presence of the word "mass" coupled with a piece of fan fiction titled Mass Effect: Iron Rebirth is practically a smoking M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle.

Update 4: And another QR code has been loosed upon the unsuspecting people of Twitter. This one translates into some binary which then translates into: 128.5°F. Converted to Celsius, that becomes -89.16666666666667 Celsius. "The coldest temperature ever recorded on earth is -89.2 degrees Celsius (-128.5 degrees Fahrenheit) at Vostok, Antarctica on July 21, 1983," says Wikipedia. This Mass Effect wiki page details Vostok, a "a medium system with four planets and an asteroid belt." The Soviet "Vostok Program" resulted in the first manned space flight. Oh, and that asteroid belt it mentions? The wiki page lists it as a "metal-rich asteroid." You know what else is metal? That's right, iron!
Take iron one step further and you get steel. Which idea do you think is more plausible?

the outsider said:
I am guessing that it is Shattered Steel. This article seems to provide some interesting, slightly speculative, evidence to support my theory.

Check it here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/11/17/solving-biowares-code-shattered-steel/#more-44231
Not to mention (or so I've heard) the fact that ordinary steel, when subjected to severe below freezing temperatures, can easily shatter.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
ZippyDSMlee said:
Hawgh said:
Oh yay. Another, probably good, game. I could do without that commentator.

ZippyDSMlee said:
Considering they turned ME into an action game and Dragon age into a unbalanced simplified mess my care factor is over 9000.....
So you care a lot?
Only enough to rag on generic branded media. Bioware is as bad as Square depth,balance and gameplay has been traded in for crappy film like crap.
I have to disagree completely. Mass Effect 2 was better than ever in gameplay, presentation and story.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
ZippyDSMlee said:
So you care a lot?[/quote]

Only enough to rag on generic branded media. Bioware is as bad as Square depth,balance and gameplay has been traded in for crappy film like crap.[/quote]

I agree if your'e talking about dragon age, I used to think the same way about mass effect 2 but then I replayed it and realized that game play was a bigger focus than in the original mass effect.

Fun, shooter game play that is.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I'm excited. Didn't they have a job listing for someone with shooter experience? I think I remember that...
Anyway, I'll read about it later. I hate Spike. It's pretty much the Manchild channel. Pretty much every show is some voiceover guy who sounds much like the one in this ad, and the footage goes as follows: Titties, ASS, EXPLOSIONS!, steak, ASS!, ASS!, ASS!, Hold it on the ass, show ass in reverse, now show a guy eating potato chips, EXPLOSIONS!, wrasslin', titties!,

But I do love Bioware. They are to me now what Nintendo was to me when I was 12. Maybe it will be the Dragon Age/Mass Effect crossover that everyone and their grandma has been asking for. Who doesn't want to lift a dragon with a biotic attack and then launch a Cain nuke at it?

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Looks like a heavily-armored-space-marine-shooter of some kind.

Seriously? Just finish the Mass Effect series already! I highly doubt this new IP is going to be any more compelling than the franchises BioWare already has going.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm thinking they'll announce an ME3 with multiplayer mode or the ME movie.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Considering they turned ME into an action game and Dragon age into a unbalanced simplified mess my care factor is over 9000.....{/quote} So you care a lot?
Only enough to rag on generic branded media. Bioware is as bad as Square depth,balance and gameplay has been traded in for crappy film like crap{/quote}

I agree if your'e talking about dragon age, I used to think the same way about mass effect 2 but then I replayed it and realized that game play was a bigger focus than in the original mass effect.

Fun, shooter game play that is.
Pretty much depth,ect was traded for a generic shooter setup, now story wise Bioware dose a decent job probably better than most devs but gameplay,depth in mechanics, general intricacy even depth in the dailog tree are traded for over simplified, generic, bland "standardized" mechanics and gameplay themes. IMO while flawed ME was alot better than ME2.