Get Deep Into the Action With Privates

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
For the first time ever I may be reaching my limit on what is tasteful. The concept sounds totally appetite-destroyingly gross, however the screenshots on the site seem fairly tame.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
So it's like the worm bit in Gears of War, looking like psyconauts and made by one of the best modern indie studios?

Best. Game. Ever.

Zedar0

Should probably make use of this
Aug 12, 2009
If there isn't a Blue Waffle level, I'm going to be disappointed.

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
Well... what?
No, really. What?
Though this explains why my slut friend was called in for mocap recently... (Joke, people!)
This is... uh. I clicked on the title out of morbid curiosity, and... I stopped breathing to keep from laughing the whole time.
This is... huh...
I have some friends with 360s who are gonna have very interesting achievement lists if I get them to buy this...

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Sounds like a riot. I'm always up for avant garde games that push the envelope. Bring it on!

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
Man, those wacky Japanese. Is there anything they won't come up with that's-

[small]*whisper whisper*[/small]

BRITISH?!

*head a splode*
Finally, the time has come for us to reclaim our place as the true nation of Eccentric's, to hell with those Japanese and there rape simulators, giant Gundam statues and other crazy thing's, we have video games about STD's.

Ball's in your court now Japan.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Even though I'm more excited about the new episodic Ben and Dan games I have to say the concept of this game sounds... err... interesting.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Considering how much I enjoy playing Ben There, Dan That and Time gentlemen, please, I'm deffo gonna look into this one. I like the brillo concept and I'm intrigued as to how it will play. In either case it should tide me over until Revenge of the Balloon-Headed Mexican gets released.

And now I feel like going though BTDT and TGP again. You gotta love those guys.

Edit: Why do some people find it offensive?

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/users/avatars/228686.ced37.gif

What can you say to this? It is one of the most bizarre and borderline offensive concepts for a videogame I've heard for a while.

I want to see how it turns out
You know, I don't understand comments like this. Now, excuse me for quoting you in particular (you have a nice avatar), but i'm really referring to the people calling this kind of thing 'offensive'. It's not some hardcore sex game, graphically depicting vaginas and penises, you can tell that from the screen-shots. It's simply a fun-spirited game with an odd setting, and I don't see why that's considered offensive. The fact you're in a vagina? Every female has one you know.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Icecoldcynic said:
thenumberthirteen said:
http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/users/avatars/228686.ced37.gif

What can you say to this? It is one of the most bizarre and borderline offensive concepts for a videogame I've heard for a while.

I want to see how it turns out
You know, I don't understand comments like this. Now, excuse me for quoting you in particular (you have a nice avatar), but i'm really referring to the people calling this kind of thing 'offensive'. It's not some hardcore sex game, graphically depicting vaginas and penises, you can tell that from the screen-shots. It's simply a fun-spirited game with an odd setting, and I don't see why that's considered offensive. The fact you're in a vagina? Every female has one you know.
No I don't mean offensive as in it had girly bits in it, but that the press release says this
"Britain. Land of Hope and Glory-holes. Where pregnant, waddling teenagers take up the full width of the pavement with their oversized triplet pushchairs, unaware that their rampant, perpetual humping has filled them to the brim with all manner of grotty infections."

That I find offensive. Their press release calls British teenagers fat disease carrying sluts. It's stated so bluntly, and broad brush. If they just said it's a quirky pseudo-educational game to teach the dangers of sexually transmitted diseases to teenagers without playing like some no budget boring rip off. Then I would be OK with that, but I guess its not edgy enough.

Insulting your target demographic is rarely a good marketing strategy.

All this "Broken Britain" Daily Mail crap. Granted we have a problem with teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, but that is a tiny minority of the teenage population.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
You know, when I clicked on this link, I assumed it was just some war game that had been rather unfortunately titled, but now... wow. Just... wow.

Actually, come to think of it, this reminds me of something Jacob said in his review [http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/doctor_who/the_eleventh_hour_1.php] of the first Matt Smith Doctor Who episode...
Jacob said:
Which is when -- as she whipped off that bowler hat and swished her hair around like a shampoo ad -- the internet exploded. Now, the camera has been devouring her since we got here, and there's confusion as to how exploitative (or, in hysterical-speak, how close to being a stripper) this job is, and the Doctor is certainly unimpressed, but there are a few things that make this not an issue for me. One, feminism has been ruined by the internet and no longer means much more than a competitive listing of grievances from the comfort of our armchairs. Two, we are talking about a country that for a hundred years has been watching Benny Hill and giggling about boobies on Page Three. Just today I saw a picture of the Companion Jo Whoever totally naked wrapped around a Dalek, and it was disgusting, and the most interesting thing about British sexuality is still the obsession with little boys being spanked. I write the whole island off generally, because they're better at feminism and somehow worse at sexual maturity than we are, which makes transatlantic understanding this stuff really hard sometimes.
Like the OP, I think this speaks for itself...