Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich!

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I prefer a simple ham and cheese (swiss) for my homemade sandwiches.

My subway order almost always consists of Turkey breast, white cheddar, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard all on toasted Italian bread. This is the closest I have come to pure bliss in food form.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
There is a shop chain in southern Ontario called California Sandwiches. They started in 1967 in Toronto, and they have the best damn sandwiches I've ever had. They're not cheap and may not be the HEALTHIEST food out there, but their so good and so big (about the size of your face). I for one love a medium spiced chicken sandwich *drools*. It's been over 6 months since I went there, so next time I want a special treat I'll go fetch one.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
My favourite's always been tuna, sweetcorn and mayo, mixed together with a dash of balsamic vinegar and served in a big crunchy manwich-baguette or between two mighty slabs of tiger bread.

Although I must say...

Harley Q said:
I am partial to a chicken, bacon and sweetcorn baguette. With sweet chilli mayo.
throw some crisp lettuce (for the crunch) in the middle of that and that sounds absolutely godly.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
My last birthday party was literally built around sammiches. Just got a crap-ton of breads, meats, cheeses, condiments, and FUCKING TOOTHPICKS FUCK YEAH!, and had everyone just make their own dream food.

It was a major success.

Because everyone loves sammiches

Lucifiel

Sep 8, 2009
I'm not a big fan of sandwiches but there are a few which are delish!

1. Smoked salmon, spring onions and mayo sandwich (mayo can be replace by butter).

2. Tuna, corn and mayo (again, mayo can be replaced by butter)

3. Prosciutto crudo, cheese and butter

And if I could get my hands on that parmezan bread they have at Subway, life would be great... Or olive or onion bread... yeah...

Detroit

Dec 22, 2012
Hagi said:
Ham on a broodje gezond? You are curazy Osborn, I'll have to try that some time. Also for those of you wondering, no, it's actually not that healthy.

OT: I can't say that I have a favourite and I can't remember all of the sandwiches I've made. The ones I've made recently are filled with salmon (microwaved for crispyness), cheese and mayo with lots of ground red chili between

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I see other people mentioning subs on here so I guess those are fair game. I'd have to say my favorite sandwich is Cousin's Pepperoni Melt. It represents perfection.

Fipback

Mar 17, 2013
Mayo, tuna and cucumber. Preferably with brown bread.

That or just chicken and reggae reggae sauce, that goes with most everything edible.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
krazykidd said:
What i hate between my sandwiches is mayonaise . If you put a hint of mayo is anything i am eating . I . Will . End . Your . Life .
YES!
And the blaggards put it in everything. :(
There are about 4 store brought wraps and sandwiches that don't have mayo.

Fluxlunanos

Forgot to remember to forget.
Jun 26, 2011
Once upon a whim I made a sandvich consisting of Lightly toasted Sourdough bread, sliced sweet pickled eggs, sauerkraut, Provolone cheese and Mustard. I was most impressed.

And on the subject of things that NEVER belong in sandviches, I would have to say (Like many here it seems) Mayo. It all stems from a traumatic mayo incident I had as a child. I had foolishly asked my friend to make me a sandvich- however he made it. it seems this consisted of plain white bread, a monomolecular slice of C-grade Luncheon meat and roughly 3/4ths of a jar of mayo.

sometimes I wake in the middle of the night in a cold sweat to this day because of that.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
often just mayo, cheese and ham
but sometimes I like to get creative and do shit like put rice and black beans in it (or whatever they're called)
hell, one time I did it like, brad->mayo->cracker->mayo->bread [sub]shut up, I was hungry and there was nothing better to eat[/sub]

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Wheat bread, ham, toasted with lettuce, cucumber and onions.

The cucumber's for texture, gotta have that "crunch", Y'know? Yeah, it's pretty plain, but...yeah. It's nice. I like onions.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
An average day lunch: roast beef with spicy mustard or black forest ham with spicy mustard.

At a restaurant: Philly Cheesesteak with onions, peppers, and mushrooms on garlic toast with gravy dip.

As a hamburger: thick patty with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, mushrooms, roasted red pepper sauce of some kind, and fried onion ring. Yes, I like my burgers, gigantic and messy.

As a chicken burger: I have yet to have anything that beats Wendy's spicy guacamole chicken burger.

For breakfast: Bacon, egg, tomato, onion, mushroom, and hot sauce on a toasted bagel.

I am really hungry now... Time for supper. I think I'll make a burger.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Depends on my mood really, sometimes a plain sandwich with just bread ham and cheese can taste amazing.

Giyguy

May 3, 2011
No, sir. I shall make myself a sammich. a sammich that is much better then yours, and full of things that belong on a sammich. it has bologna, ham, cheese, spam, pepperoni, rigatoni, provoloney, spam, lettuce, tomato, ground beef, potato, spam, spam, spam, the color of water, mustard, ketchup, horseradish, the universe itself, a hero sammich, 49 shades of green, 51 shades of gray, a can of whoopass, a helping of don't-give-a-fuck, an asston of ass without the sass, and onions. actually, hold the onions.