Get to the Bottom of This Detective Quiz

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Get to the Bottom of This Detective Quiz

They inspect, examine and just plain snoop. Let's see how much you know about these famous (and not so famous) detectives.

True story: When I was little, I wanted to be a detective more than anything. I had my own little fingerprint kit and everything, and thought for sure that I was on a path to be a mighty mystery solver like Sherlock Holmes. Turns out that being a detective isn't quite so glamorous when you don't have an arch enemy planning overly complex heists and schemes, so I learned to content myself with living vicariously through fictional sleuths like the ones featured in today's quiz.

We've pulled questions from the realms of film, comics, games and novels. As always, you can take as long as you like to finish the quiz, and can retake it if you haven't quite achieved that 100%, but keep in mind that your cumulative time will impact your position on our leaderboards.

Get out your deerstalker hats, and follow the clues.

(Take the quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/148])

Woem

May 28, 2009
I scored 100% on my first try, but I must say that the Batman question is confusing since in the early comics his craft might look like one of two of the answers.

The Batgyro. What exactly is it?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, that didn't go well.
Only a few questions i knew for sure, most of them i had to guess...
Shame on me.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
The Batman one's kinda dodgy

Pretty sure the batmobile is actually the oldest, but it was just 'the car' for a while

Also, 2nd? After a retry? Score!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Huh.

Guessed every single one and still got 50%.

Maybe I should be buying lottery tickets.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
And I got everything except the video game ones.

I'm expecting a tarring and feathering any minute now.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
No tintin?

Edit: Anyway just scored 30%, shame. I better do my homework and start reading more mystery novels.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
I do love detectives. Cluedo too. I fancy a game now :3

I only really knew one of them with was the detective that talks into his wrist radio. Thank you birthday cassets. (Now I feel old)

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Best of the 3 said:
I do love detectives. Cluedo too. I fancy a game now :3

I only really knew one of them with was the detective that talks into his wrist radio. Thank you birthday cassets. (Now I feel old)
You feel old? I first read about Sherlock Holmes' brother in an Infocom game [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock:_The_Riddle_of_the_Crown_Jewels] I played before you were born. *Waves cane.*

And now we just need someone to say they read The Murders in the Rue Morgue when it first came out. And then we can throw rocks at him.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Formica Archonis said:
And I got everything except the video game ones.

I'm expecting a tarring and feathering any minute now.
Well, in fairness, they're not exactly the most well-known videogames.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I only got a 20% on my 1st try!?!?

Luckily on try #2 I got 90% (stupid batman vehicle question...) and finally 100% putting me at 8th rank. Not too bad I guess.

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
Vitor Goncalves said:
gunner1905 said:
Vitor Goncalves said:
No tintin?
tintin's a journalist
-

Sorry, yeah Dupont et Dupond are the detectives in the series but he is the one doing the detective work.
Although, that could be nit-picking on his part since Batman ain't a detective either, he is Bruce Wayne, a wealthy businessman.
So that should allow Tintin to enter this quiz too..

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I scored 40%, with 4 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Detectives. [br] [a href="/quizzes/view/148-Detectives"]Take this quiz[/a]

Yeah, I guessed on all but one of them.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
My score was not displayed to me...
I had no clue it was possible to do so badly at something, a computer tries to shield you from the shame.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Woem said:
I scored 100% on my first try, but I must say that the Batman question is confusing since in the early comics his craft might look like one of two of the answers.

The Batgyro. What exactly is it?

That's a gyrocopter. A sort of missing link between the regular airplane and the helicopter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogyro