Get Your Hands on an Xbox One!

NoShoes

Aug 15, 2013
Get Your Hands on an Xbox One!

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/xboxonegiveaway]

Follow the steps and enter for your chance to win an Xbox One.

We know that you've been itching to get your hands on a next-gen console. And we also know that it's been somewhat difficult to acquire one, what with the capped-out pre-orders and the will-they, won't-they concerns about the general public sales.

Luckily the holiday season is now in full swing and what goes better with holidays than a glorious, free console? Now you can dismiss your inner Scrooge McDuck and step up to the plate for your chance to get your hands on an Xbox One.

All you have to do to enter the giveaway is follow the steps here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/xboxonegiveaway]. It's really so simple that there's not much of a reason for you not to enter, now is there? Unless you already have an Xbox One and then, well....good for you.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I entered, not sure if I'm 100% sold on the Xbox One yet but I can always sell it and buy a PS4 instead if somehow I manage to win.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
JoJo said:
I entered, not sure if I'm 100% sold on the Xbox One yet but I can always sell it and buy a PS4 instead if somehow I manage to win.
same lol good luck to all.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I don't have Facebook or Twitter account. And I'm not about to make one just to win a console I don't even want. What a redundant contest.

EffectiveKill

Feb 22, 2010
But I thought the Escapist hated everything Microsoft related? Plus this contest is set up in a strange way

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Dreiko said:
LOL.

Anyway, I won't be partaking in this contest, but thanks anyway, Escapist. This is pretty cool of you to do.

Now, I'm not complaining, but if only GameFront had contacted you just three weeks prior...

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
EffectiveKill said:
But I thought the Escapist hated everything Microsoft related? Plus this contest is set up in a strange way
Theres a little thing called 'sponsorship'. ;) The Escapist needs to make money somehow, and ad revenue doesn't always cut it after all...

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
True true. Id rather a ps4 but im broke either way due to student life. So im in!
I got a problem. Do i need to sign up to Lockerdome to get any attempts? Cos i live in britain and it's saying 3.0 isnt available in my region yet. Is this just a separate advert or do i need to actually do this stuff?

EffectiveKill

Feb 22, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
True true. Id rather a ps4 but im broke either way due to student life. So im in!
I got a problem. Do i need to sign up to Lockerdome to get any attempts? Cos i live in britain and it's saying 3.0 isnt available in my region yet. Is this just a separate advert or do i need to actually do this stuff?
I'm in the US myself, and it says the same thing when I try to do the "share on Facebook or twitter"

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Open for international folks?

Now that is an awesome change.
Xsjadoblayde said:
Good question.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
EffectiveKill said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
I'm in the US myself, and it says the same thing when I try to do the "share on Facebook or twitter"
That's weird. I would just like and share without that link, but something tells me it won't register the extra entries. Tricky stuff!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
"We know that you've been itching to get your hands on a next-gen console."

Nope, but other people apparently are, so the money from re-selling it will go towards a motherboard or CPU upgrade.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently the contest is "open to international residents", but not this one.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Wait, this company wants to use my Facebook and Twitter to send commercials and spam to my friends and such?
I'm not feeling comfortable with this...
Are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into Escapist?
Most people here will not feel comfortable having some company taking control of their social media networks for commercial purposes of unclear origin.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
JoJo said:
There are just enough games I'd like to try on a Bone that if I could win one, it'd be worth it. There just aren't enough to justify a 500 dollar console.

Adam Jensen said:
I don't have Facebook or Twitter account. And I'm not about to make one just to win a console I don't even want. What a redundant contest.
I'm not sure you not liking it makes it redundant.

EffectiveKill said:
Based on what? Is this one of those "The Escapist is TEH BIAS" claims, or something legit?

Simalacrum said:
Theres a little thing called 'sponsorship'. ;) The Escapist needs to make money somehow, and ad revenue doesn't always cut it after all...
Though if we're talking sponsorship, ads, and opposition, I always laugh when I see Jim (or another content provider) bashing something with one of those sponsor window ads surrounding the video FOR the product or company in question.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Is everyone just missing that big "SUBMIT" button with your Escapist username next to it or is that just me?

Haven't seen a single thing bout facebook, twitter or any other accounts I might need.

EDIT: Hmm, that link to thunderdome works for me now, yeaaah, not gonna bother. I assume that just submitting your Escapist name also counts as an entry?

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Longstreet said:
Is everyone just missing that big "SUBMIT" button with your Escapist username next to it or is that just me?

Haven't seen a single thing bout facebook, twitter or any other accounts I might need.

EDIT: Hmm, that link to thunderdome works for me now, yeaaah, not gonna bother. I assume that just submitting your Escapist name also counts as an entry?
Same. All I saw was the button and my name. Now I clicked it and it says I've submitted I'm wondering if I've missed anything? I'm a publishers club member so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?