Getting up early hate thread

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Eh...I like getting up early. It means that I am not sleeping, which is always a good thing.

Flitt7788mulee

Feb 6, 2011
Kiju said:
columnistrobson said:
8:15am, college soon, it is absolutely freezing outside; fog and everything. Whole day ahead of me and all I want to do is sleep.

See you on the other side...
That's it? I have to get up at 5:00 AM so that I can shower, eat breakfast, and drive down to college for my class that starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 11:00 AM.
Worse when yesterday I didn't get until 1pm, didn't get to sleep last night until 2am and had to go to college and use a fucking spot welder.

But, on reflection of the day; it was quite fun.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I'm up around 7am or before every single day.
It's dark, I'd freeze my fucking balls off if I had any and on weekends nearly all TV channels are still showing god awful shopping programmes until 9/10am as they assume everyone is in bed still or drunk/hungover so don't give a crap. Do. Not. Want.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
It all depends on the season for me, in summer i hardly sleep as the combination of light evenings and mornings seems to make me sleep less and get up more readily.

In winter though you may need one of these to get me up ->

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I haven't been sleeping well recently, so these mornings hurt all the more. I only really need to wake up early on mondays and wednesdays, but they always seem to be the days I actually manage to get some sleep. Nothing is more annoying than finally getting some proper, restful sleep after a few inexplicably sleepless days only to have it interupted far too early for me to actually get much benefit out of it.

Ah well. Hopefully the upcoming half term will give me enough of an opportunity to reclaim some humane sleep patterns.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Eh, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for this one, having spent 6 years of my life as an active duty soldier. There were times when I was required to sleep from 5PM to 1AM in a completely open shanty when it was 130 degrees (F) outside... so that I could roll out with a convoy at 3AM.

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
i have to get up at 6 to catch a 7 am bus which takes an hour to get to half a mile away of my college which i then have to walk to in the freezing cold. ahh life, you love to mess with me dontcha?

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
loc978 said:
Eh, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for this one, having spent 6 years of my life as an active duty soldier. There were times when I was required to sleep from 5PM to 1AM in a completely open shanty when it was 130 degrees (F) outside... so that I could roll out with a convoy at 3AM.

much respect man

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I hear ya. My work is seasonal so I've been lazing around at home for the past 3 months, getting up at about 3 or 4pm. Tomorrow I start work again at 9.30am. It's going to be a bit of a change...

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Akalabeth said:
columnistrobson said:
8:15am, college soon, it is absolutely freezing outside; fog and everything. Whole day ahead of me and all I want to do is sleep.

See you on the other side...
You know what's worse than getting up early?

Sleeping in.

Or more accurately, the headache that comes with sleeping in and lasts for most of the day. Personally I'd rather wake up early.
Sleeping in gives you a headache? I find that strange, I much prefer getting a good 9-10 hours of sleep, I feel great after that.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
My university lecture times vary so I get to lie in sometimes. Although tommorow I have a 10:15 lecture, which isn't so bad.

Although on Thursday I have one at 9:15. (Sighs)

I feel kind of bad though for the people who have to get up between 7 and 6am.