Girls and Pity

Vorpals

Oct 13, 2008
This is a simple question: What are signs that a girl has pity for you in the "Awww, he's such a loser" way, for whatever reason?

For more details: My situation is these two girls who almost always smile and/or say hi to me all the time, usually with a nice, big, smile. I always say hi back, being the overly-kind person I am. One of them gave me hug for remembering her birthday.

Then I heard that one of them gave a hug to one of the kids that no one in their grade likes for some reason, and my paranoia kicked in, and that's why I'm asking this question.

Today, one of them, the one that hasn't hugged me and the one I'm interested in, also asked me what's up and started leaning on a wall when I said hi to her.

Is this pity, friendliness, or interest?

Edit: This is not the same girl from my other thread.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Usually the look she gives you while talking to you. Speaking from experience here. I hate that look.

Vorpals

Oct 13, 2008
RavingPenguin said:
Usually the look she gives you while talking to you. Speaking from experience here. I hate that look.
Can you explain the look, please?

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
Usually hugs, especially long ones where we'll rub your back.
We'll also laugh at you. But not in a 'point and laugh' kind of way, more like a sympathetic giggle, if that makes sense.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Optimus Prime said:
Always hugging you. 'Tis a sure sign.
What? I thought that was just somethng all girls did.

Thanks for making me realise that every girl I've ever known feels sorry for me.

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
Optimus Prime said:
Always hugging you. 'Tis a sure sign.
Not necessarily. Maybe the girl is just a huggy person...I have a couple close friends who are that way...with everyone, not just me.

And if they do actually pity me (which I'm sure they do on occasion)...hey, free hugs! :)

Hellion25

May 28, 2008
I think this is pretty much everytime you're not someone she wants to go out with. After all I can bet she needs you a lot less than you want her, plus she knows you want to do naughty things to her and finds humour in this fact :p

Vanilla Gorilla

Jan 15, 2009
Vorpals said:
RavingPenguin said:
The lips become pursed and the eyebrows form a sort of A shape...

/ \ : Eyebrows
. .
o

Scrap that, it looks more like surprise... which is probably better... unless she's surprised because you fell out of her cupboard with a video camera.

Vorpals

Oct 13, 2008
CakeDragon said:
We'll also laugh at you. But not in a 'point and laugh' kind of way, more like a sympathetic giggle, if that makes sense.
What about short, rather awkward hugs and and getting said hi to/smiled at a lot?

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
Hellion25 said:
I think this is pretty much everytime you're not someone she wants to go out with. After all I can bet she needs you a lot less than you want her, plus she knows you want to do naughty things to her and finds humour in this fact :p
This is sort of off-topic...but who the hell decreed that "going out" means "having sex with"? I'm pretty sure that's why I've been turned down in the past...as in, the girl doesn't want to have sex and thinks I do, when all I want to do is take them out to dinner. Stupid modern society.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Vanilla Gorilla said:
Vorpals said:
RavingPenguin said:
The lips become pursed and the eyebrows form a sort of A shape...

/ \ : Eyebrows
. .
o

Scrap that, it looks more like surprise... which is probably better... unless she's surprised because you fell out of her cupboard with a video camera.
essentially this, I dont know about surprise though.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Vorpals said:
CakeDragon said:
What about short, rather awkward hugs and and getting said hi to/smiled at a lot?
This sounds more like she's into you

Vorpals

Oct 13, 2008
More details:

For more details: My situation is these two girls who almost always smile and/or say hi to me all the time, usually with a nice, big, smile. I always say hi back, being the overly-kind person I am. One of them gave me hug for remembering her birthday.

Then I heard that one of them gave a hug to one of the kids that no one in their grade likes for some reason, and my paranoia kicked in, and that's why I'm asking this question.

Today, one of them also asked me what's up and started leaning on a wall when I said hi to her.

Is this pity, friendliness, or interest?

This will be edited into the main post.

Hellion25

May 28, 2008
willard3 said:
Hellion25 said:
This is sort of off-topic...but who the hell decreed that "going out" means "having sex with"? I'm pretty sure that's why I've been turned down in the past...as in, the girl doesn't want to have sex and thinks I do, when all I want to do is take them out to dinner. Stupid modern society.
It doesn't, but she will know thats your ultimate aim, and if she's not interested in the same at some point, then things aren't going to progress in that fashion. I think theres some old saying that Women know within a few seconds of meeting someone whether they would sleep with them or not. Dunno if thats true, but in either case it leaves us guys screwed, either literally or figuratively.

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Pay attention to the frequency with which she uses the word "adorable" to describe you or something you did. If it roughly averages to one utterance or greater per unit of conversation, sorry man: She pities you.