Girls on xbox live.

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
I still cannot understand that attitude. Girls playing video games is awesome, and I'm all for it.

I also don't understand how there are so many females on the internet complaining about how people are jerks to them, seeing as I can count the number of times I've encountered females playing video games on one hand.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
xAnarchysAngelx said:
So is PS3's PSN as bad as the 360's Live? For the jerks that is.
Well psn has a lot less people talking because it doesn't come with a free headset like an xbox does so I presume you will get less people talking smack on the other hand you will have less people talking in general.

MURPHYCHACHO

Oct 28, 2008
Me and my best friend are both girls and we're constantly getting kicked off teams on L4D because we're better players than all the guys. Though I did once make one of those prepubescent 12 year old dipshits cry with the perfect application of insults, so that's nice.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Girls don't play video games and they DEFINITELY don't use the internet./joke

I don't understand the sexism. Its just stupid. Some people just can't get over their barbaric way of thinking I suppose.
Now shut up and make me a sandwich.

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
MURPHYCHACHO said:
Me and my best friend are both girls and we're constantly getting kicked off teams on L4D because we're better players than all the guys. Though I did once make one of those prepubescent 12 year old dipshits cry with the perfect application of insults, so that's nice.
I so would have payed to see that. o_O

Anything that shuts up the unintelligent majority of online gamers is a massive win in my book.
Encore!!! ^.^

xAnarchysAngelx

May 22, 2010
quote="Zeromaeus" post="18.201593.6677972"]Girls don't play video games and they DEFINITELY don't use the internet./joke

I don't understand the sexism. Its just stupid. Some people just can't get over their barbaric way of thinking I suppose.
Now shut up and make me a sandwich.[/quote]
your kidding right?

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
xAnarchysAngelx said:
Zeromaeus said:

your kidding right?
I hope so, but this may be perfect example of those kids online acting however they please?

banthesun

Apr 15, 2009
xAnarchysAngelx said:
Zeromaeus said:
Zeromaeus said:
your kidding right?
The '/joke' means the section preceeding it is a joke, as something of a forum gag, in the same way '[/quote]' is used to end a quote. It's a bit hard to get if you're not used to BB code. Also, putting another joke after that makes things even more confusing...

OT: Because they feel threatened by you. Pwning n00bs is all about defining themselves in opposition. If they can beat someone else at the game, then they'll feel like they're worth more as a person. An important part of misogeny is the belief that women are naturally inferior. That you can even challenge them in this way threatens that belief, and must be responded to with maximum aggression.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
It's a combination of anonymity, testosterone, lack of respect and the 'cool' factor.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Because most of them are kids who are now raised on 4chan mentality and think their being hilariously funny and ultra cool.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
why do you have an xbox in the kitchen
So i'm a guy on XBL and anytime someone speaks I antagonize the heck out of them. I think you will find its not just because your a girl, everyone gets bantered at in some form or another. I rather enjoy the heated spirit most of the time.

bring me a sandwich woman!

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
My guess is they do it to mask the possible humiliation of being one-shotted by any girl they come across.

Seriously, can you even make a comment like that in a public environment and not expect to be kicked in the manhood?

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Its a social stigma if you ask me, Idiots have gotten use to only playing with guys, and once someone with a different gender comes in, the shit hits hte hyperdrive. I for one, think its stupid, some of my best friends, and my girlfriend for that matter, are girl gamers, and the fact that they get so much shit makes me want to rage for an hour, but i know thats what they want, but long story short, the mute button is a gift from God.

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
xAnarchysAngelx said:
sexiest derogatory comments
I assume you mean sexist, not sexiest.

OT: Because most of the xbox live crowd are unevolved sludge that think girls are this alien life form that only likes puppies and never poop.

No offense to you normal xbox live players.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Most of those kids are idiots that make you want to cut off your fingers and try typing.

I could be classified as a kid but don't worry, I'm nice. (I could, but you probably can't)

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
MURPHYCHACHO said:
Care to give us the awesome details?

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
I just play online with people I know only. That or you have to either be the douche bag with no headset or the walking vagina.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
i automatically mute everyone in whatever game im playing and im a male with a normal voice =/ im sorry you get that im part of the non fuckwad group from xbl

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
xAnarchysAngelx said:
So is PS3's PSN as bad as the 360's Live? For the jerks that is.
It doesn't seem that way, but you will find them still. I think it's because PS3 has to buy a mic, where as 360 comes with one. It does seem like girls get hit on more on the PS3 though. Guys try to pass themselves off as, "I'm not like that...say, what's your real name and where do you live?" I like it when people talk, but only when it relates to the game. Or Star Wars. Star Wars rules.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
A year or so ago I was part of a regular gaming group, and while many were kinda douchy, they tended to avoid outright sexism, this may have been due to the 2 girls in the group. That said, they were all people I met as a Pug playing left 4 dead. We had one solid gaming session, and made a habit out of it. In the end we were something like 12 guys and 2 girls, everyone acting in an (im)mature fashion but generally not making any derogatory comments.(Except maybe whenever Sin decided to run off and solo it like a fucktard... Go figure he survived)

All that to say, there are some decent guys out there that will treat you just like any other gamer. And you get to avoid the extremes of having jerks yell sexist remarks, or being hit on by lonely morons.

So I guess my advice is try to bear with it until you make a few decent friends, then you play with them and generally avoid the cesspool that is friendless online gaming.
sketch_zeppelin said:
consider your self lucky, i tend to get racist remarks thrown my way...and i'm white
Yeah that happened to me once too. Weird thing is I'm pretty sure it was a black guy who thought I was Asian...