GLaDOS and TF2's Sniper Support GaymerCon

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
CardinalPiggles said:
TheScientificIssole said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Do gay folk really need it to be called Gaymercon to feel welcome?
Have you ever played COD with voice chat on?
It makes sense! Its a gathering for people who have similarities. Like most cons.
And if I made one called hetrogamercon people would be fine with it because all the people would have something in common? That's fair right?
If there were bigger or any prejudice against heterosexuals than sure.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Do gay folk really need it to be called Gaymercon to feel welcome?
Have you ever played COD with voice chat on?
It makes sense! Its a gathering for people who have similarities. Like most cons.
And if I made one called hetrogamercon people would be fine with it because all the people would have something in common? That's fair right?
If there were bigger or any prejudice against heterosexuals than sure.
I have nothing against people being gay by the way, I just don't think they should segregate themselves like this.

My friend at work is gay, and he never flaunts his sexuality, therefore everyone treats him normally.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Why not just make a normal con but not turn gay people away at the gate?

Oh wait, they already have those.

By calling it Gaymercon they both A) make a terrible pun that makes the entire thing sound lame and stupid, and B) Immediately target everything towards a gay audience. What's the hook for heterosexuals? What will be at that con that is relevant to me? I don't like dicks, so the gayness is out. The Games? But I can already get those at Comicons and PAX prime.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
While this does seem a bit silly, I see no harm in it. A con that is targeted at a discriminated minority in gaming culture seems like an alright idea.

Gay acceptance is different than gay pride. This con shows we accept and embrace the diversity of our culture... or something.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Are gay people really persecuted at conventions? I really don't think they are, to be honest.