Go back in time and save music.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
The Seldom Seen Kid said:
Random Argument Man said:
Sarcasm? Please don't reply sarcastically, too. (Ex: "No, that wasn't sarcasm.)

As for me, I don't think it's dead. I just think it's on hold. Indefinitely. Actually a lot of pop or rap music recycles the same notes and beats from classical music, which I love.

As long as Koji Kondo is alive, I still hold hope for music. ^_^
No, that wasn't sarcasm. We just have different tastes in music. That, and I was lazy to search more than the first bands that popped out in my mind.

If I would've been sarcastic, I would have said "This is the best music ever."

Note*I'm aware that some people may like this kind of music. It's their choices.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I don't believe for a second that music needs, or has ever needed, saving. That said, if such things were possible I'd immediately go back to some time before December 1980 and make damn sure Mark David Chapman was safely dealt with.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Oh boy! A time machine! Now I can finally destroy Auto-Tune and all it's evil works...

olendvcook

Aug 14, 2009
Novskij said:
Refering to music listeners as costumers, seriously thats wrong, music is not a product.
playing music before a crowd is a service and selling music on cds is a product.

either way music listeners are customers and how is that a bad thing?

the wako kid

Mar 31, 2010
Furious Styles said:
I'd save Buddy Holly, eddie cochran, hendrix, bob marley, kurt cobain and Jeff buckley
how would you save bob marley? he died of cancer.hendrix and curt are do-able but bob marley is not.i would save music by killing akon young.very young.I'd stab his mom in the stomach while shes carrying him.

laststandman

Jun 27, 2009
I would put John Bonham on his side so he wouldn't choke on his own vomit. Then I would give him a modern drum set and watch three more good Zeppelin albums get made.

s001911

Jun 11, 2009
Death To Auto Tune, even for its intended use. If you need the help of a machine to sing, you shouldn't be recording. I know I can't sing, hence me not fronting a band.

Secondly, promote metal and good metal bands that have escaped under the radar because they have only a "minority appeal." I would do this by starting up my own metal recording studio and making millions.

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
the wako kid said:
how would you save bob marley? he died of cancer.hendrix and curt are do-able but bob marley is not.i would save music by killing akon young.very young.I'd stab his mom in the stomach while shes carrying him.
Bob Marley died because he had a cancerous toe he refused to have treated or removed due to his religious beliefs. My solution, cut the toe off in his sleep.

NotSoNimble

Aug 10, 2010
Cliff was a great resource we lost early, but if we only had one chance, and one redo....

I would go back in time any destroy the option of using computers/electronics as a form of music.

I have no way to explain in better than that, but I would be happy if the only electronic musicians used were heads and amps, maybe a pedal or two!

If kids didn't flood the industry with point and click garbage, I would feel better about the state of music as it seems to be now a days.

Playing an instrument takes real talent, if you can do that, more than just verse chorus verse crap, you might make something worth wild. It seems that nothing new is of any high quality tho (as far as I'm concerned).

Then again, I am but a stubborn prick when it comes to music. I seem to dislike anything from the last few years out of principle.

I just wish I could find something new to change my mind.

It is impossible to tell someone that they are wrong for loving/hating any type of music tho. We are wrong if we ever try that.

The whole perception thing...... right?

Purple Shrimp

Oct 7, 2008
save Jim Morrison, lennon, Robert Johnson and Buddy Holly + big bopper + whoever the other dude on that plane was