Go to hell, 2K. Sincerely, every Australian on Steam

Black Reaper

Aug 19, 2011
Thanks to the people who posted about Cdkeyprices, the value of the peso is gradually going down, and it should help me out

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Dango said:
Foolery said:
Well, as a Canadian, with the recent change to game prices in the last year or so, I can honestly say I feel some of your pain. It's 79.99 over here. Hell, MGSV was 74.99 CDN. It sucks. But hey, there's always Steam sales.
Hey $75 Canadian is pretty good right now. Was just there visiting family, bought all I could cause I knew it was gonna be cheaper.

Yeah, some countries suck to play video games in. But hey, at least you're not living in Brazil, where a PS4 us 1,500 USD and an Xbone is 800. Nintendo doesn't even sell Wii U's there because the taxes are imports are so damn high.
If you're visiting, well yeah, of course. Snooping at your profile, good for Americans like yourself, bad for us Canucks. We haven't reached parity for some time now (we rarely do, but come pretty close) the Canadian dollar has been tanking since late last year. We're in a recession.

Anyway, at least we're not Brazil, I guess.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Zhukov said:
I just opened up Steam now and it's displaying the price as $60 USD, which is a lot more reasonable.

Maybe it was just a fuck up? Or, if you are inclined to be cynical, maybe they were hoping to catch a few suckers.
Yup, sounds like it. They just changed the price, I checked last night because I almost couldn't believe it, and it was $90 USD. It's now $60 USD. Much more reasonable, but still pricy. I'm just looking at that juicy pre-order bonus that probably isn't at all worth it.

But fuck it, it's XCOM. This game will keep me going after the heat-death of the universe.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Vigormortis said:
Whatislove said:
Every time I have to explain to somebody that a $20 steam card from a retailer actually costs $27 I die a little inside.
Hate to add to your internal necrotic growth, but perhaps you can explain it to me, as every Steam Wallet card I've purchased cost the exact listed price. ($20 or $50)

Unless you're referring to Steam Wallet cards sold in Australia, in which case disregard my post.

Zhukov said:
I just opened up Steam now and it's displaying the price as $60 USD, which is a lot more reasonable.

Maybe it was just a fuck up? Or, if you are inclined to be cynical, maybe they were hoping to catch a few suckers.
My guess is that it was a listing glitch. The price was likely displayed in AUD but the currency label was still displaying USD.

I've seen it happen before. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case now.

Does it still display as $60USD?
Steam doesn't display prices in AUD for Australians, for some unknown reason we still have to pay in USD, even though there are much smaller currencies that steam supports.

So in retail, in Australia, a $20 steam card costs $27, because we have to buy $20 USD instead of AUD, I think the $50 is $64 etc

That was what this thread was about basically, Steam makes us pay in USD but some developers also jack up the USD price just for us, even though we are already paying more due to our poor exchange rate.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010

Although to be fair, I hear Austrailians just generally get paid a lot more than 'muricans so there you go.

unified disinterest

Apr 29, 2015
Good on them for bringing the price back to $60USD on the steam store, 90 was clearly unacceptable and I hope it was a mistake.

Next up on the menu we have Fallout 4 for $79.95USD and for dessert maybe a price that is just baffling...
COD: Black Ops 2 is still $89.99USD.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I do like Xcom, but the pre-order is nothing special. Will wait till the retail version is on sale if they are joining to insist on such a ludicrously high sell point.