God of War III "Not the End of God of War"

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Nnnnnnot so excited. Wish they left it alone. It is a good quadrilogy that spans over 3 systems. I like it that way. I wish they concentrated over a new project.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Aren't they running out of mythologial characters by this point? The only way they could do it without resorting to the "C-list" of greek mythology is by moving Kratos to a different pantheon. Norse might be a good choice, or the various celtic or germanic gods. Heck, China or India might accomodate him nicely...

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
"This is not the last God of War game..."
"...because we intend to milk this shit until it's udders fall off."

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
John Funk said:
Worried that this year's finale to the God of War trilogy means the end of Kratos' Roaring Rampage of Revenge?
You just cannot keep your TV Tropes to yourself, John, do you. I mean, i already have immunity, more or less - but what about those who don't?

As for the topic at hand, it's always "not really an end". Sometimes, it's not even a bad thing - but those times are very, very rare. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
John Funk said:
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Kratos is Greek, Mars is Roman. Nerd alert!
Anyway, if this is the end of the trilogy, I wonder what the next step will be. God of War Viking? Replace Kratos with a burly, bearded Norseman and have him hunt down Tyr?
Well yes, but there's no month called Aresch.
Besides the Romans just stole the Greek gods and gave them funny names.

BlackKraken

Apr 4, 2009
God of War III "Not the End of God of War"
aka, we're milking this cashcow until its udders are bloody ruins

[Insert Name Here]

Nov 26, 2009
People need to know when to let a franchise die. It happens in video games more often than it does in movies, and that's saying something. Final Fantasy MCMLVIII, Final Fantasy Spin-Off 300146.5, Halo 3's 'finish the fight' actually meaning, "We're going to make three more after this". NOTHING is considered to be original or good if it's been done several times before. It's the perfect example of survival of the fittest. Evolve or die.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Simalacrum said:
I wander if there will ever be an uber-successful trilogy franchise that actually stays as a trilogy...

Probably not.

In the lastest news: Mass Effect 3 will not be the last Mass Effect game. *ghasp* shock! horror!
And why is it always a trilogy, anyway?