Goddamnit Rockstar! (Share your first world problems)

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
So, I pre-ordered Max Payne 3 on steam about a week ago. Can't wait till it's out. As a bonus, you get both Max Payne's free. Problem is, I owned both of those on steam before (got 'em in a sale). So, I had to find a friend who didn't own it, and wanted it. I had none! Then, I go on steam today and see that the people who have pre-ordered Max Payne 3 get LA Noire for free too! But I already got that game in the christmas sale! Now I have three games just sitting there in my inventory, and it's pissing me off! Why must Rockstar give me free games that I already own!

Now that I've shared mine, let's have a first world problems thread! Share your silliest, yet most annoying problems that only come from you being well off.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Matthew94 said:
My N64 won't work with the composite port in my new monitor, it made me slightly disappointed.

[Brag]20" 1600x1200, S-IPS for £170 with free next day delivery, fuck yeah[/Brag]
Ahhh I know that feel bro. I would be happily playing the N64 to this day, but it doesn't make any sound when I plug it into my TV.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Oh I know, we all have our problems here. Mine is that my iphone is full of games, music and books and I can't fit any more on it! damnation!!

ReadyAmyFire

May 4, 2012
Matthew94 said:
[Brag]20" 1600x1200, S-IPS for £170 with free next day delivery, fuck yeah[/Brag]
Got this one 18 months ago, 23" 2048x1152, £150. Though I don't know what S-IPS is.

OT. I've been lonely all weekend, so I joined this forum and spent too much time here. Should be studying but procrastinated a lot, and now feel bad for that too.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I want to play on L.A Noire and Shadow of the Colossus, but my addiction to Dragon Quest 8 won't let me. I don't know if that counts, but it's been bothering me all day!

ReadyAmyFire

May 4, 2012
Matthew94 said:
S-IPS is the kind of panel, this one has great colour reproduction and viewing angles. Getting one for sub £200 is a hell of a bargain.

I take it yours is a CRT?

EDIT Oh, it may not be looking at google. Only time I have seen that is in CRTs, can I have a link to the model?
Quite sure this is it, doesn't show up on the Dell site for some reason anymore. I thought it was a decent deal at the time. If the link doesn't work it's a Dell SP2309W.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/monitors/2010/01/23/dell-sp2309w-monitor-review/1

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Padwolf said:
I want to play on L.A Noire and Shadow of the Colossus, but my addiction to Dragon Quest 8 won't let me. I don't know if that counts, but it's been bothering me all day!
I need to play that game again. Problem is I made Yangus use maces which are completely useless so I totally gave up on the end game dragons. I'm going to try a 3x fisticuff party this time probably.

ReadyAmyFire

May 4, 2012
Matthew94 said:
Ah, it's a TN panel, that would explain the lower price. That's not to say it won't look good (the review seems to say it looks very good) but IPS is on another level when it comes to image quality.
I thought there must have been more to it. I don't understand much more than inches and pixels. Got a little LED TV for my uni house and thought I was so cutting edge haha.

Farseer Lolotea

Mar 11, 2010
Hey, Blizzard? Female characters of a given race do not need to all look the same.

Hey, Trion? What the hell possessed you to use Gamebryo? Also, why can my bahmi characters not have actual sefir tattoos?

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Fallout 3 is incompatible with Windows 7 64-bit, and it doesn't like running on any more than DuelCore, where as I have QuadCore.

Why, oh why.

/firstworldproblems

Edit: Any help? Please?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
A Raging Emo said:
Fallout 3 is incompatible with Windows 7 64-bit, and it doesn't like running on any more than DuelCore, where as I have QuadCore.

Why, oh why.

/firstworldproblems

I've got Windows 7 64 bit and the Fallout 3 GOTY version works fine for me. May be because I've got the GOTY Steam version, or maybe it's just your computer.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
A Raging Emo said:

Why, oh why.

/firstworldproblems

I've got Windows 7 64 bit and the Fallout 3 GOTY version works fine for me. May be because I've got the GOTY Steam version, or maybe it's just your computer.
Nah, I've got the Steam Version of the GOTY, and New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim, and other games that work on the same/similar Engines all work perfectly fine.

The problem is I'll start the game, and it'll run fine for around 5 or so minutes, and then just freeze. Apparently it's really common a problem for Win7 64 and QuadCore computers.

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
Zeckt said:
Oh I know, we all have our problems here. Mine is that my iphone is full of games, music and books and I can't fit any more on it! damnation!!
I've got an 8Gig mp3-player, resulting in me jugling albums all the time. I feel your annoyance.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Matthew94 said:
A Raging Emo said:
ToastiestZombie said:
A Raging Emo said:

Why, oh why.

/firstworldproblems

Nah, I've got the Steam Version of the GOTY, and New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim, and other games that work on the same/similar Engines all work perfectly fine.

The problem is I'll start the game, and it'll run fine for around 5 or so minutes, and then just freeze. Apparently it's really common a problem for Win7 64 and QuadCore computers.
You can limit Fallout 3 to 2 cores in the ini. It's a really easy fix.
I've already done that, and I'm running both steam and FO3 in Administrator mode, so I have no idea what I can do about it.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Matthew94 said:
A Raging Emo said:
Matthew94 said:
A Raging Emo said:
ToastiestZombie said:
A Raging Emo said:

Why, oh why.

/firstworldproblems

You can limit Fallout 3 to 2 cores in the ini. It's a really easy fix.
I've already done that, and I'm running both steam and FO3 in Administrator mode, so I have no idea what I can do about it.
Maybe the file is being over-ridden?

Did you set it to read only after?
I did, yeah. Was that bad?