Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Raiyan 1.0 said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
rembrandtqeinstein said:
hah, thats a big screw you to government censors....
Not so much that as a big 'fuck you' to distributors/publishers who force online distributors to inflate their prices to match bricks and mortar prices. Expect distributors/publishers to pitch a shitfit over it.
Just what I was going to say, Rhombus.

Who would come up with ingenious shit like this? The fucking Polish, that's who!
I think it's amusing that CD Projekt also happens to be Poland's largest game distributor. That's a large part of why they were able to take this stand, as it were. They're not a company they has to suck at the tit of the major publishers and distributors to keep a roof over their heads.

Also, fact is it's not just Australia that gets fucked over with game prices even in digital distro... so any games GoG can snaffle themselves are going to look more appealing to customers if they can grab them at the US price.

Hell, if everything goes well them maybe one day all digital distributors can offer a single standard price across all regions.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Oh GOG this is why iv got 50+ games from you you do it right and I am glad to have found you when you started out

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
rembrandtqeinstein said:
hah, thats a big screw you to government censors....

good for him, while I have not patronized their store yet this makes up for their disgraceful publicity stunt
Hardly a publicity stunt - they've already completely dropped DRM and updated older games for modern systems. If that doesn't already piss off the EAs of the world, I don't know what will.
That said, maybe they already have a few EA titles too...