Gold Bugged: Mea Culpa

deathbeforedecaf

Oct 26, 2008
Argo won because it was such a well made film,it wasn't just solid and workmanlike. It had a subtle brilliance, Affleck was like an old hand (and he is hardly a neophyte) he knew just how to ease you into the story. BTW Looper was the best film i saw this year, but i knew that was never going to win anything.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
misterprickly said:
deathbeforedecaf said:
Argo won because it was such a well made film,it wasn't just solid and workmanlike. It had a subtle brilliance, Affleck was like an old hand (and he is hardly a neophyte) he knew just how to ease you into the story. BTW Looper was the best film i saw this year, but i knew that was never going to win anything.
Argo won because of it's fictional "fuck ya" moments!

-The bazaar scene... NEVER HAPPENED!
-The Canadians having "cold feet"... NEVER HAPPENED!
-The nail-biting hold up at the airport... NEVER HAPPENED!
-The big chase at the end... NEVER HAPPENED!
-The CIA "letting" Canada have this one... WHAT DO YOU THINK?!

And this is from someone who was alive at the time all this took place.

At least the script writer acknowledged Ken Taylor, his wife and their friends; If only for a few seconds.
1. Argo won because it was a quality movie.
2. HOLY CRAP THEY MADE THE TRUE STORY MORE CINEMATIC! CALL THE PRESSES! ITS NOT LIKE THATS THE CASE WITH 99% OF FILMS BASED ON A TRUE STORY! ITS NOT LIKE THATS WHAT THE WORD "BASED" TELLS YOU!

deathbeforedecaf

Oct 26, 2008
misterprickly said:
deathbeforedecaf said:
Argo won because of it's fictional "fuck ya" moments!

-The bazaar scene... NEVER HAPPENED!
-The Canadians having "cold feet"... NEVER HAPPENED!
-The nail-biting hold up at the airport... NEVER HAPPENED!
-The big chase at the end... NEVER HAPPENED!
-The CIA "letting" Canada have this one... WHAT DO YOU THINK?!

And this is from someone who was alive at the time all this took place.

At least the script writer acknowledged Ken Taylor, his wife and their friends; If only for a few seconds.
It won best film, not "Academy Award for a Film with the most accurate portrayal of an historical event"