Good game, awful ending

BaerXIII

Mar 29, 2009
Fallout 3 it was so disappointing but it was kind of redeemed with the dlc letting you pick up where you left off. And Bioshock was a disappointing ending and a last few stages after you killed Ryan.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
I'm cheating and not putting in a game, simply because the good games I've played have had good endings, and the bad games I've played have had bad endings.

But as far as animes go, .Hack//Sign is one of my favorite animes ever, but the ending is the biggest cock-slap you've ever felt in your life. No closure, no info on what happens to the characters, just The End! As much as I love .Hack//Sign, the ending is the most unsatisfying thing I've ever felt in a TV series.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Definately Bioshock. I didn't think Fallout 3's ending was that bad, since I was ready for the game to end anyway, but Bioshock felt too abrupt and I somehow got the evil ending even though I'd only harvested a couple of Little Sisters and Rescued most of them.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
MetalDooley said:
Fable 2

After the final boss "fight" I was just sitting there for about 10 mins going "Wtf that's it?..".I really thought it was a fake ending at first
Ya it was a bad ending, but in some ways it was at least an interesting attempt to not have a the same final boss fight ending.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
BolognaBaloney said:
notyouraveragejoe said:
BolognaBaloney said:
Assassin's Creed 2 wasn't bad, but terribly mind-fucking.

Also, I thought Bioshock 2 had an incredibly lackluster ending.
I disagree I thought that Bioshock 2 had a brilliant ending.

On the other hand Bioshock (the original) had a pretty poor ending.
Opinions, opinions. It's all subjective, which is why, I had said I thought.
I apologize for arguing. Out of curiousity...why didn't you like it? Did you prefer Bioshock's?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Septerra Core.

Great game, awesome story, expansive world, interesting take on the ATB battle system, non-grindy XP and weapon upgrade systems, final dungeon that finally allows you to have parties without the main character...

...crappy ending with an asspull character revelation, last-minute redemption (oh, wait, that was the only good part), and out-of-nowhere statement of "by the way, this has all been happening elsewhere, too, so everything is awesomesauce" in place of saying, you know...what the hell happened to all the characters.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Slaanax said:
MetalDooley said:
Fable 2

After the final boss "fight" I was just sitting there for about 10 mins going "Wtf that's it?..".I really thought it was a fake ending at first
Ya it was a bad ending, but in some ways it was at least an interesting attempt to not have a the same final boss fight ending.
True but it just felt like such an anti-climax.

GameOverGoblin

Feb 3, 2010
I loved Assassins Creed 2 but hated the ending. it also pissed me off that Ubisoft made the two missing sequences into DLC instead of just putting it in the game.

Also Halo 3's end boss was just plain stupid.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
I think Borderlands had literally THE worst ending in any videogame, ever. I'm not even sure you could call it an ending really, and I felt completely cheated.

The mystery of the Vault had been built up the entire game, and the only goal in the whole experience was finding out what's inside it. When you finally get to go there after 20 hours of grind, you don't even get to SEE whats inside, and all you do is fight some generic monster outside of the vault who drops some average loot, then its all sealed up again, the credits role and you're dropped back into the game to finish all the shitty sidequests. Bullshit.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
notyouraveragejoe said:
BolognaBaloney said:
notyouraveragejoe said:
BolognaBaloney said:
Assassin's Creed 2 wasn't bad, but terribly mind-fucking.

Also, I thought Bioshock 2 had an incredibly lackluster ending.
I disagree I thought that Bioshock 2 had a brilliant ending.

On the other hand Bioshock (the original) had a pretty poor ending.
Opinions, opinions. It's all subjective, which is why, I had said I thought.
I apologize for arguing. Out of curiousity...why didn't you like it? Did you prefer Bioshock's?
I loved Bioshock 2, don't get me wrong. I was up for until 4am finishing it. I really did enjoy it, I just feel that it can't match the creativity and uniqueness of the first one. Because the first was so atmospheric, it was hard for the second one to live up to that. I think my main problem with it's story is that it relied too heavily on the ideas from the first game. In the first game, you had no idea who you were, or why you were at Rapture; this created a sense of mystery and tension for me. While the second one had us attempting to rescue our daughter, and there was less of sense of morbid grandeur. Since I already new who I was, and why I was, it took away a bit of the experience for me. But that's just my opinion, still loved the game.

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
Frequen-Z said:
Batman: Arkham Asylum. Game of the year 09 easily, loved 99% of it, the last 1% is the final boss fight. Then after that, having it set Two Face up as a villain in the sequel, we now know that Jokers back to take center stage?

Grumble.
Ditto on the final boss fight of Batman: AA.

As for me, I gotta say the first Assassin's Creed. Seriously, THAT'S an ending?

TheAntmanCometh

Feb 14, 2009
Bionic Commando - the villian is stood there in this huge ironman like suit and im thinking "bionic on bionic fight! This is gonna be awesome!"
But no!
All it involves is jumping from one strange bird thing to another with quick time events!

Seriously What is the point?

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
Kane and Lynch:Dead Men. it has a bank-job, a jail break, car chases that you don't have to drive on, escape missions, stealth missions, kidnappings and some of the best story ever. however, both endings were bland and just fucking retarded. i won't do spoliers but i will say that there is nothing to spoil. such a downer. strangely, I recommend it though, strongly.

BentNeatly

Aug 25, 2008
niblik said:
BentNeatly said:
What game have you played that you loved all the way up until the awful, waste of time finale?

For me it was borderlands. I really couldn't care less about lack of story, i loved getting guns and raiding old Haven and shooting crimson lance. But i made the connection of "opening Pandora's box" before i left the starting area. (spoiler snipped)
Borderlands. I liked it, i hated it so much. What about you guys?
Gee, thanks for the spoiler ending for a game I haven't finished... :(
Oh. ha. Crap i forgot about you guys. Im so sorry.

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
funksobeefy said:
Knights of the Old Republic 2
1000 times yes, that ending was so horrible.

<Cannot find Ending.avi>

Best ending ever. I seriously got that...