Good game with the WORST sequel

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
redisforever said:
The first Godfather game was good,, the second, rubbish.
Also KOTOR 2, Halo 3, Doom 3 (I think no-one mentioned it yet), Serious Sam II.
Right now I'm playing Serious Sam the Second Encounter.
SS2 is a different game though, right?

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Jeffrey Ross said:
maddawg IAJI said:
I wanna say Bioshock 2, but if anything, Bioshock 2 was a good game, just no where near as good as Bioshock 1 and it's only looked down upon because it let a lot of folks down.

That said, I wanna go with Modern Warfare 2. I enjoyed the original Modern Warfare campaign, I thought it was fun, enjoyable, challenging Veteran, good story and ideas. Modern Warfare 2 however just threw all that way and said "LET'S PUT IN MORE GUNS AND MAKE THEM GO BANG BANG!". It's story was really lackluster and the veteran is just a piss poor excuse for a difficulty.
You know veteran's too easy when I can beat it. And I suck.
It was just a bad move all together. All the other games had a monster closest that required you to move forward along with killing everyone. I never thought I'd miss the Grenade spamming AI so much. But after I beat Veteran on my first play-through of the game, I felt really left out.

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
Bible Doctor said:
KOTOR 2 was awful, just awful.

KOTOR is my favorite game.
um...i liked KotOR2...i mean, th'story was crap compared to the 2nd, but i felt the gameplay/powers were more fleshed out/had more variety to 'em....

WalkingHawking said:
Devil May Cry 2 did an amazing job of undoing all the hard work of the brilliant first game.
Brooding 2nd Character Lucia? Jesus, don't get me started.
There are worse sequels of other titles, but I was hugely disappointed with DMC2.
DMC3 Dante's Awakening on the other hand pulled it back and was excellent.
I was going to mention this...good to see somebody beat me to it...

DMC1 established without a doubt my (to this day) favorite vid-game character of all time...then they completely destroyed everything that made him likeable in the 2nd...fortunately the 3rd (best in the series) saved us...

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
mirror said:
redisforever said:
The first Godfather game was good,, the second, rubbish.
Also KOTOR 2, Halo 3, Doom 3 (I think no-one mentioned it yet), Serious Sam II.
Right now I'm playing Serious Sam the Second Encounter.
SS2 is a different game though, right?
Oh yes!. The Second Encounter is great. I'm talking about Serious Sam II. First and Second encounter seem to count as 1 game together.

Uncanny Doom

May 24, 2010
Definitely Devil May Cry 2. There are a lot of sequels that are just disappointing in some way (Final Fantasy X-2, Fable II, KOTOR 2), but Devil May Cry 2 was all around bad.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Condemned was one of the best horror games I've ever played and Condemned 2 almost literally shat all over it, what a thorough disappointment

skot205

Jul 9, 2010
Heroes of Might and Magic III, one of my all time favorite games
Heroes of Might and Magic IV, It's just terrible
Heroes of Might and Magic V, even worse

XzarTheMad

Oct 10, 2008
skot205 said:
Heroes of Might and Magic III, one of my all time favorite games
Heroes of Might and Magic IV, It's just terrible
Heroes of Might and Magic V, even worse
What?! HOMM V is fucking sweet! Especially with the expansion packs. It's much more back to formula, basically an upgraded HOMM 3. And no way HOMM 4 is better than 5.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Compared to the previous game in their series... Crackdown 2, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 1943.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
GamingAwesome1 said:
SSX On Tour.

After the excellence that was SSX 3 they thought it would be fun to remove the non-linear mountain which let you pick and choose which races, trick contests you wished to participate in. Removed all of the exploration aspects, because finding the highest point to jump off and sticking the landing wasn't at all fun.

Instead it left what essentially amounts to the BIG Challenge mode from SSX 3. Which wasn't even that good to begin with. That's it.

I hate that game.... so very much!
Oh man, this is so true! I loved SSX3 (and the 2 before it) so much!. Then they went and gave us that On Tour crap. Who the hell wanted a create a character mode in an SSX game? The funny original characters were part of what made the others so much fun! That and their over the top crazy Uber tricks. So much fun.

I wish they'd bring the series back though. In the hands of someone who really got what SSX was about, a modern sequel could be fantastic. I just hope that if they ever do revive the series that the developers looks toward SSX Tricky and SSX 3 for inspiration on what to make.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Woodsey said:
minimacker said:
Perhaps not the absolute worst sequel, but it sure as hell wasn't even close to the original. I'm talking about KOTOR 2, of course.
Believe it or not, I hear some people think that the game was actually better than the first.

*shudder*
Kotor was perfect Kotor 2 was good.

Sargey

Jul 13, 2010
I'm also going with KOTOR 2. I just wasn't as excited by the story in it as I was in KOTOR 1.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Guys, really? Nobody has dared to mention Warcraft yet? From one of the most iconic strategy games with a fantastic story to the retconfest that is the online RPG. Not to mention they killed a major anti-hero off which had all loose ends tied up and he's not even the final boss of HIS OWN EXPANSION. Poor, poor Illidan Stormrage.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
The sequels to viewtiful joe were disapointing in my eyes. Sure the combat system was trying to stay fresh with new things but something about the second one. It just wasn't as fun to play as the first one.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Command & Conquer 3. While by no means the best game in the C&C series, it was a solid RTS and pretty fun. Its sequel however, Command & Conquer 4 is not worthy of being called a C&C game. It was just horrible.

sizzle949

May 4, 2009
Mercenary was a pretty good game, and the sequel was broken up garbage, so imma throw in my hat for that one.

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
I haven't played FF Tactics, but I've heard good things. I have, however played FF Tactics Advance... and I'd need a whole review to discuss what's wrong with that.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Halo. It was going to be said. Might as well have been by me. Now let the hate comments commence =(