Good ol' games for good ol' gutless computers

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
madbird-valiant said:
The original Homeworld.
I actually liked the second one better. It felt like a refinement of the first one, and it was a lot less punishing.

clicklick

Oct 29, 2008
Painkiller
Max Payne
Need for Speed 5: Porsche Unleashed

Although these games require a bit of power, you can still enjoy them at low settings imo.

Most I wanted to mention have already been posted.

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
imperialwar said:
Yog Sothoth said:
Try using DOS Box [http://www.dosbox.com/]...
Yup I already have DOS box and it still crashes after about 30mins game play
Hmmm, that's unfortunate... I use Windows XP w/ DOS box as well, but haven't had any problems like that... Guess it's to be expected when you're trying to play a game that's 20+ years old....

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I've been playing Warcraft III for 7 years now, on 3 different PCs. No game has as much replay value as that.

I imagine you could run Halo: CE on a pretty crappy PC on low settings, that has ridiculous replay value as well.

Damian Domino Davis

May 8, 2009
Oh dear christ. I can't even play Halo CE on this machine without my computer suffering temporal discretion, but by God it's freaking liberating to design for it. Map layouts, weapon models, doesn't even matter. (Smug Maya grin.)

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
madbird-valiant said:
balimuzz said:
madbird-valiant said:
The original Homeworld.
I actually liked the second one better. It felt like a refinement of the first one, and it was a lot less punishing.
Yeah, but it was a lot more graphically taxing than the first one.
Are you kidding? I run it on my crappy old Mac with about 50 other applications open! It was easy to run.