good podcasts?

Sleepingzombie

Dec 7, 2009
I´m looking for good, quality podcasts. In particular I´m looking for one about animé.
I like them to have smart discussions, hosts with energy or charm and some watching tips.

Most i´ve found have been sleepy or "OMG watch this BOOBZ!"

Heres what I usually listen to:

http://gonzogaming.libsyn.com/

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
Not sure about podcasts related to anime, but hey if you're into video games, movies, and comedy in general, I always recommend the Mega64 Podcast.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
If you've enjoyed any of their other stuff then i recomend giving the Roosterteeth Podcast a try.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I regularly listen to:

PC Gamer Podcast [http://www.pcgamer.com/category/podcast]
Jumping The Shark [http://gameshark.libsyn.com/]
and
LaserTime [http://www.lasertimepodcast.com]

The first two are gaming podcasts and LaserTime is kind of a grab bag of pop culture discussion and such. A word of warning, it can get a bit crass at times but it's still pretty damn funny most of the time.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Lasertime at lasertimepodcast.com

Cape Crisis at lasertimepodcast.com

ign reel
ign gamescoop

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
I frequent the tripod cast and pka but that's about it. Not much else I could recommend.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
Podcasts i listen to

Rooster Teeth Podcast
Walking The Room (two comedians, in a closet, being incredably crass and hateful)
TOFOP (a famous Australian Comedian, and his unknown friend discuss Batman and prison rape)
Internet Box (several guys from Achievement Hunter and their friends discuss stuff RTP style)

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
The podcasts Yahtzee does(or did) with Gabe are really good. Although I'm pretty sure their Let's Plays have replaced them.

phatty500

Mar 25, 2009
definitely anything from lasertime.com

also while its no longer running if you don't mind archive binging talkradar at gamesradar.com is probably the most clever,witty and hilarious podcast Ive listened to.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
.No. said:
The podcasts Yahtzee does(or did) with Gabe are really good. Although I'm pretty sure their Let's Plays have replaced them.
I agree, even though they have only done four.
But their lets plays are pretty hilarious too.

ubersyanyde

Dec 9, 2011
The 3 podcasts I listen to are:

Adam & Joe (British comedy duo. They have 3 series of podcasts, 1 from XFM and 2 from BBC 6 Music. All can be found on iTunes)

The Rooster Teeth Podcast (Gaming podcast. Also on iTunes)

Run Button (3 really funny guys that do a gaming podcast. Can be found at runbuttonpodcast.com. They are also doing Lets Plays on their 'RunButton' YouTube channel)

Though bear in mind these have nothing to do with anime they are all hilarious.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
I listen to Keith and the Girl. It's nothing like anything you've asked for but it's funny... in a man-child kinda way... yehh, you'd hate it.

Well at least you know that's one not to listen to :)

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
The only one I regularly listen to is the gamestation podcast, 3 hours every week although that's about games, and often gets off topic. The hosts are really good though.
EDIT: Also the yogpod, although they haven't done a new episode in forever. I think they're starting it up again from what I hear though. It's just random off topic nonsense, but it's still funny.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I listen to:
the Australian Gamer Show, now called the Gameplanet Show.
The Escapist Podcast
Podtoid
The Electric Hydra
The YOGPod
The Ricky Gervais Podcast (Also the XFM show from the early 2000's)
"We are alive" a wireless serial style show.
Brittoid is no longer running but if you're into listening to some out of date news and some funny chat it's pretty damn good.

Alternative said:
Podcasts i listen to

Rooster Teeth Podcast
Walking The Room (two comedians, in a closet, being incredably crass and hateful)
TOFOP (a famous Australian Comedian, and his unknown friend discuss Batman and prison rape)
Internet Box (several guys from Achievement Hunter and their friends discuss stuff RTP style)
I don't usually find Wil Andersen that funny but I think I'll give TOFOP a go.

EDIT: All of my recommendations are available on iTunes.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
well, I don't listen to many podcasts about games or anime, but I listen to
Distorted View (this is some seriously effed up stuff, listen at your own discretion)
Nobody Likes Onions
The Destructo Boxcast
Wisenheimers (it's over, but still good)
and on occasion, Red Bar Radio.
lately, I've been listening to the Yogpod though