Good Scenes In Otherwise Mediocre Films/Comics/Etc?

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
In Iron Man 3, I did genuinely laugh when Tony told the kid not to be a pussy. Other than that, it was a pretty awful movie IMO.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Godfather part III

Anytime Al Pacino and Diane Keaton are talking to one another. Yes the rest of the film is a incesteriffic mess but the dialogue between the two characters is really good.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
someperson1984 said:
I seems like you think the film wanted to be taken seriously. It absolutely does not.
No it doesn't, however the straight-laced portions and crappy love interest plot are so poorly inserted into the propaganda and pre-battle build-up that it breaks apart and shattered my suspension of disbelief.

If had kept up the comedy, dropped the relationship sub-plot and had a little more ham then I wouldn't be so harsh.

Vault101 said:
its differen't if you veiw it as satire (which I think might have been the idea) I mean solders letting kids play with guns and having them stomp on bugs....it seems obvious
The 'Would you Like to Know More' segments do work for the most part, its the characters themselves that did the movie in.

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
Tanis said:
The Lone Ranger (That Johnny Depth one).

There's a whole scene towards the end that uses the William Tell Overture expertly.
The film as a whole, was pretty bad.

But just about everything from the start of the William Tell Overture to it's end was fantastic to see.
Honestly, I barely remember anything about this film apart from that one scene. I couldn't help walking away from the movie with a smile on my face because of that scene, though it probably helped that they saved it for the very end.

Similarly I also found the climax to Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End to be quite thrilling and visually impressive while the rest of the film was a weird, overblown mess.