Good Video-Game Endings

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Final Fantasy VI ending. The game has very good music, and it shows not just with Dancing Mad for the final boss, but also on everyone's individual theme song on the character's roll call montage (it's also a nice reward for going out of your way to find as many of the party members as you can).

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Final Fantasy VI ending. The game has very good music, and it shows not just with Dancing Mad for the final boss, but also on everyone's individual theme song on the character's roll call montage (it's also a nice reward for going out of your way to find as many of the party members as you can).

This, this, this, this. And it also gives you closure for practically every last minor character and situation you came across during the second half of the game.

(I loved this ending so much that I taught myself to play the entire thing on a synth. I probably still could with a little practice.)

Reactions: CaitSeith

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I think the Ps4 era God of War games have fantastic endings.

The Last of us P1 has a perfect ending later ruined by having another game happen.

The thing with endings is that they are all usually driven by a great story. I don't think an old school "congratumalations" screen (misspelled) in an old NES game is ever going to be considered in a category like that. However sometimes just a "good job" stamp can be enough. I think the basic text crawl in the original Final Fantasy was a good ending for what it was and had tech been equal it would fit just as well as some of the cinematic games we have today.

I'm trying to think. I wanna say FF7 remake but I feel like ya'll would shit on me for it.

The original Metal Gear Solid had a satisfying potential set of endings. Though RE4 basically copies it the ending remains cheesy good.

Rogue Legacy has a great ending.

Several of the FF14 expansion MSQ's end wonderfully.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The thing with endings is that they are all usually driven by a great story. I don't think an old school "congratumalations" screen (misspelled) in an old NES game is ever going to be considered in a category like that. However sometimes just a "good job" stamp can be enough. I think the basic text crawl in the original Final Fantasy was a good ending for what it was and had tech been equal it would fit just as well as some of the cinematic games we have today.
Sometimes all you need is the right music and a simple image on the screen.

I'm trying to think. I wanna say FF7 remake but I feel like ya'll would shit on me for it.
I won't.

The original Metal Gear Solid had a satisfying potential set of endings. Though RE4 basically copies it the ending remains cheesy good.
Both were taking from Deep Rising; especially RE4. Shinji Mikami even admitted it.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Xenoblade Chronicles 3. After going through hell and back with this cast, seeing everything turn out the way it did, some payoffs finally happening, and some heartfelt yet bittersweet moments that all came together in an ending that made me happy and sad at the same time. I teared up, I really did. The game's final message was really nice to hear. I won't forget this game

Reactions: BrawlMan