Goodbye is Still Goodbye

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Goodbye is Still Goodbye

After five years, six Webby Awards, two Streamy nominations, a G.A.N.G. Award nomination, two dozen video series, over 1,000 written articles, hundreds of millions of page views, quadruple digit percentage traffic growth and a Time Magazine ?50 Best Websites? mention, I have decided that it is time for me to move on to new adventures.

Read Full Article

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Sad news.
Although change is inevitable, I personally, have never had any issues with anything that has happened and will be sorry to see you go.
Also, it might be because we have the same first name.

Just to add, signing off with a fingergun? That is classy.

And as Terry Pratchett said,
"Goodbye.... it's such an unpleasant word isn't it?"
"Quite so." Death grinned.
"I prefer Au Revoir" he said

CpnChaos

Sep 20, 2010
Thank you for all you have done. You have made a great impact on this site, and you will be missed by many. Happy trails.

Rauten

Capitalism ho!
Apr 4, 2010
/salute

You shall be missed.
Best of luck in whatever endeavor the future throws at you.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
So long, good luck and best wishes, all that. Whatever you do, I wager you'll do it well.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Sad to see you leave, while I realise that your leaving this place officially. It would be nice to see you post on here and still visit as one of us nobodies :). Well I wish you luck in what ever the future brings you.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Blessings on your path Russ, as an avid reader I thank you for the work you and your team have put into this magazine, before the escapist I could only ever get the bare minimum of info, usually after games came out. This site however changes that, and I'll never forget the impact that had on me. Thank your Russ, and may your future be as bright as the magazine is while I read it's articles at 3 in the morning.

Best of luck to you.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I'm going to miss hearing you say 'This is Russ Pitts, Editor-In-Chief of The Escapist' in your video reviews.

This makes me a sad panda.

Kelvin Carter

Sep 4, 2011
It's sad to hear the head of the magazine is stepping down, but no one ever stays with the same job forever. I hope your next job or jobs after that are something you will enjoy like the most of the 5 years you spent here on the escapist. Good luck, and good bye, Russ, and thank you for bearing the responsibility of this wonderful magazine. Who ever is your replacement has some mighty big shoes to fill.

Mar 30, 2010
Looks like 'tis goodbye then, fella. All the best for your new adventures - and remember to try and keep your finger on the last page just in case!

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Any ideas where you'll end up? Still involved in gaming, or branching off to something else?

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
I may not have been here since the beginning of your reign, but I've been here long enough to have seen some of the bigger changes.
Cheers Russ, and good luck on everything life throws at you; may you conquer those challenges as greatly as you have here.