Google Calls Out China for Screwing Up Gmail

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
This is why I dont understand why we (USA) compete with China. No matter how "smarter" China gets, aslong as they are an opressive bigot country of hate, they will always be inferior to the US. (We're not perfect, but even at the worst of Bush, we had leaps and bounds more freedom than China)

bam13302

Dec 8, 2009
i lol'd
if china censoring g-mail gets them overthrown i will laugh my *** off
i wouldnt blame them though, that would really piss people off, might make an international incident out of it

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Google, Micro Soft, America, and all companies/countries that are Anti-RED... China is flourishing in it's economy, it's "learning" if you will... for Christ sakes, didn't we not JUST borrowed money from them not long ago? Why are we trying to "bring down" their government? they aren't "bad", just "different". And what are you to arouse the people to go against their government? isn't that little like..."terrorists" in a way?

Death916

Apr 21, 2008
I feel like i was targetted by them for some reason. because i looked at my acct access logs and there was an unauthorized entry on my acct..from HONG KONG!

beniki

May 28, 2009
*sigh* Why is it when I finally find a job I like, travelling around the world and teaching, does the entire of humanity and natural geography decided to try and fuck everything up?

Ah well.. guess they'll still want to learn English sooner or later, after they're through revolutionizing and everything.

My bets are on Google. I think the only way to stop them would be to shut down the internet, and most of the young Chinese I know live in the internet cafe. Take that away from them and what with the social conventions preventing getting sticky, they'll have nothing better to do than revolution.

Incidently, anyone ever read about the correlation between overly male populations and propensity to war? Seen the numbers from China?

Such marvellous times we live in...

Doth

Apr 2, 2009
Censorship is not inherently wrong, nor are dictatorships.

Communism on the other hand...

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Megawat22 said:
I can see where China's coming from with all the censorship, but it will only make the situation worse when the information all comes flooding out.
Also I got the feeling that Google seems to think it's better than China. If China wants to block stuff off that's just something China or the UN or whoever is in charge of this stuff, has to deal with. Not Google.
....What? First off, it is not China that is doing this. China is a country. The people doing this are dictators, the crime in question is keeping people ignorant, which has a direct correlation to their ability to stay in power. It is dictators who enslave the people of China doing this, not China itself.

Secondly, you are implying that if a government does something evil, only another government should do something about it. You are implying it is morally wrong for private citizens to stand up for human rights against evil dictators, simply because they are private citizens rather than a government. Do you realize how wrong that is?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
China censoring?? I'm shocked!!
If they can actually prove it was the Chinese government they can actually sue China!! Man, how awesome would that trial be!! Here's to hoping!

Trasken

Mar 30, 2010
Those foolish capitalist pigs do not understand that our glorious leaders must censor content from the internet for our own good. These ingrates must be executed and have their ashes thrown in the rives.

Rex Fallout

Oct 5, 2010
Yureina said:
Rex Fallout said:
The PRC and the CCP need to be overthrown its tirade of forcing abortions, imprisoning peaceful protesters and censoring the news needs to stop. While we here in America can see the Libya revolution as an obvious cry from the people for democracy, they don't hear about it at all, or even worse, are told by their government that this spilled blood is all that democracy has to offer. The day will come when the CCP pays for the atrocities it has dealt to mankind, I just pray that I am there to see them get the punishment they deserve.
Me too.... Me too.

But that will be a horrible mess when it happens. China's revolutions and civil wars tend to be bloody. REALLY bloody.
Revolutions tend to be bloody, but if humanity is to advance at all, it must happen.