Google Street View Now an FPS - UPDATED

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Okay, I'll say this now. I've wanted a game whose map is a scale replica of earth, and this looks like it might just turn into just that... They get some actual backing, and financial support to start building a game out of this, I'd be first in line.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Alexnader said:
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Alexnader said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I found the dubstep far more disturbing than the gun.
It was aping Battlefield 3 and MW3.
Mainly BF3. Isn't the gun and hand ripped directly from BF3?
Yes it is, however only the first and last 10 seconds of music is from BF3. The weird tone they play to go with the "really really fucking big stuff" stuff is from the MW3 trailers.
I thought it was the Inception soundtrack. The massive horn and all..... now there's a innuendo in there somewhere.............

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Sorry to break to you, but the M4A1 is not an assault rifle. Actually it is a carbine. It's too short to be classified as an assault rifle. Also to use something like that is one of the definition of bad taste.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
doggie015 said:
WHY GOOGLE? WHY DID YOU CUT THEM OFF!

You are now back to NEUTRAL karma with me after losing the 2500 points you gained with google chrome
I hope this isn't the only reason. Especially with the stuff they've done since releasing Google Chrome. Stuff like pulling a 180 on 'net neutrality.

silver wolf009 said:
Okay, I'll say this now. I've wanted a game whose map is a scale replica of earth, and this looks like it might just turn into just that... They get some actual backing, and financial support to start building a game out of this, I'd be first in line.
I seriously hope that you can fight all the way around the earth. I want to snipe enemy forces in Japan from the Eiffel Tower. >.>

Also, teabagging in GSV. that's all I'm gonna say.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
doggie015 said:

You are now back to NEUTRAL karma with me after losing the 2500 points you gained with google chrome
I hope this isn't the only reason. Especially with the stuff they've done since releasing Google Chrome. Stuff like pulling a 180 on 'net neutrality.

silver wolf009 said:
I seriously hope that you can fight all the way around the earth. I want to snipe enemy forces in Japan from the Eiffel Tower. >.>

Ouch. Ever think of something witty to say then realise it'd be incredibly insensitive?

I was gonna say you'd need nukes at that range... Then I remembered my history lessons, and realised putting nukes and japan in the same context is a bit... Thoughtless...

Ahem. Well... Anyway...

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Personally I'm happy it was taken down.It seems more like a funny idea rather than an actual game. I mean. I can open up google street view go to where ever I please take my finger like a gun and go blam blam. Do I really need a game to do the same thing for me?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
i always wanted games in real cities. were one step closer.

Also, googles motto used to be "dont be evil", looks like they are being evil :(

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
doggie015 said:

silver wolf009 said:

Yeah. MMOFPS. Pick a country to back up, and from there, travel the world... It would plain old eat through my spare time, that's for sure.

Do want.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Now all we need is michio kaku's "computer contact lenses" and a world wide Wireless connection Zombie MMORPG anyone?... Anyone?

Actually this could be awesome from a tactical training perspective. You could essentially do "dry runs" of missions for law enforcement/military. This is way people should be more receptive to videogames.... It allows people to build an extensive database of "experience" to be applied to the real world without the threat of injury.
Check out the book "Moon Walking with Einstein" for a soft introduction to ways in which "experts" in various fields are developed/train.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
BabyRaptor said:
samsonguy920 said:
BabyRaptor said:
That's tasteless and kinda disturbing.

Then again, I guess it would be rather cathartic to wreck havoc on your place of employment...
No, no it wouldn't. Unless you hate every single person there, it will stick with you. If you hate every single person there, why in the hell are you still there? Better to find another job, and leave that one for someone else who doesn't even have one right now.
I live in the US, where there the job/applicant ratio is currently about 1:5. I'm lucky to have a job at all, no matter how much I may hate it.

Maybe you live somewhere where simply deciding to go find another job is plausible, but...That's not my reality.
It's not so much a reality here, either. I have to hope that it is, somewhere. I have a lot to not care for my job, but I do get along with most of my coworkers and it pays me enough to keep a roof over my head. I guess the luxury of finding something one can really enjoy is not to be had anymore.

LordFisheh

Dec 31, 2008
Confirming that MW2 is about as much use as a training simulator as flying a jet in BF3 teaches you to be a pilot. Paintball would be better; quick, ban it! And honestly, other than handling the gun, how much training does it really take to shoot a mass of panicking, unarmed children from a few metres?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
weirdguy said:
If it comes back up later, anybody up for a little..."occupation" of Wall Street?
It be a shame if those fatcats were hurt, would'n't it? (insert Italian mobster voice)

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
EternalFacepalm said:
viranimus said:
Yanno.. considering we just had a guy go on a 70+ kill streak in Oslo this past summer who admittedly used MW2 as a kind of training simulator, somehow I REALLY think this is a bad idea waiting to happen.

I hope I am wrong.
He didn't use it as a training simulator, he was simply FUCKING MENTAL.

OT: Why would Google kill this off? It's brilliant! D:
Bullet theory does not work, you need to be "FUCKING MENTAL" to do what he did