Goriest Games

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Fellow escapists, what in your personal experience, have you found to be the most violent, visceral, gory games?

Personally I would nominate, Fallout 3 for the VATS induced slaughters, and Soldier of Fortune 2 for it's realistic damage modeling.

Cptn_Squishy

Mar 4, 2009
this topic was up a couple days ago, so heres a question...

whats the goriest text-only game youve ever read?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Fallout 3 is cartoonish.

I'd go with Condemned 2 and Dead Space.

The torture chamber in Condemned 2 made me feel kinda weak and woozy...

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Onechanbara made Gears of War and Fallout look tame. Good lord there was a lot of blood in that game.

Ezzay

Feb 28, 2009
Dead Space made me cringe at some points.
The maggot infested corpse with no arms / legs is an example.

Thank god I have a strong stomach.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
The goriest one I've seen was Postal 2. I generally stay away from gory games; not because of the gore, but because of the general quality of the gameplay (hint: they usually suck).

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Cptn_Squishy said:
this topic was up a couple days ago, so heres a question...

whats the goriest text-only game youve ever read?
Who plays text only games now? Are there any? *curious*

Ninja Gaiden 2 is pretty gory, if only for the ludicrous gibs. Not particularly gruesome in my opinion, but I may just be desensitized (I avoided all the gorn that flooded the theaters last year though, hate that stuff). A torso here, some brain matter on the wall there, blood covering every surface every 10 or 20 meters behind you.....all in a day's work for a ninja.

JoeyTheItalian

Jun 28, 2009
The goriest and most profane game that I have played is The House of The Dead: Overkill. The ending of the game has to be the sickest most twisted ending ever, plus it is bloody all the way through the game.

crooked_ferret

Jul 30, 2009
I'm kind of torn on this... fallout 3 did have some nice slow motion exploding head effects though...

at the same time as said above it's a little cartoonie...

I guess I'm going to have to remain undecided... dead space just didn't have the effect on me it apparently had on some of you...

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Nanobreaker FTW!

Even though its "not" blood, the copious amounts of cyborg goo that you splatter the levels with is actually measured in a kind of points system. And for the festive among us you can change the settings to make it rainbow colored.

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
KoudelkaMorgan said:
Nanobreaker FTW!

Even though its "not" blood, the copious amounts of cyborg goo that you splatter the levels with is actually measured in a kind of points system. And for the festive among us you can change the settings to make it rainbow colored.
Rainbow colored blood/goo?! I gotta play this game!

OT:I guess I would have to say Ninja Gaiden 2. The enemies could have been replaced with tomatoes and the amount of redness would be the same.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege, if only for one particular battle. As far as I recall, it was one french man with a whip, mace and snake sword (I think) vs. over 200 demon/zombie swordsmen. All of them could be taken out with one well timed critical attack chain. Boy, was there a lot of blood after all the demons were dead!

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Probably God of War or Dead Space. Dead Space had that horror type of gore, while God of War was a bit more "brutally-rip-your-limbs-off-and-piss-in-your-face."