More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
On quick web search later.

http://www.livescience.com/animals/gorillas-play-tag-like-humans-100713.html

Gorillas are gamers, confirmed.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
The story has a happy ending, as the gorilla eventually was tricked into trading the DSi XL to its trainer for a shiny apple, which is actually more than he would have gotten had he traded it in at a game store (I kid).
That joke probably entertained me more than the story itself.

OT: If the gorillas get their hands on Brain Age, the future shown in the Planet of the Apes could not be too far off.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
zombie711 said:
was he playing donkey kong? (I'll be here all week)
im surprised it took 3 people for someone to mention that
but iver got a better one!
[generic gorilla joke]
a-hahahahaha its brilliant, isnt it? i heard it from a blind egyption!

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
i hope it didnt have a violent game in it, or the gorrial will turn into a murderer.
i think even gorrilas can distinguish the difference between games and reality

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
people really aught to teach other primates the wonders of video gaming, god knows how much it would lighten up the more boring enclosures (boring for the primates that is)
Tom Goldman said:
The story has a happy ending, as the gorilla eventually was tricked into trading the DSi XL to its trainer for a shiny apple
i dont know if "tricked" is the right word, before haveing discovered the DS's wonders, a shiny apple is a fair swap for a seemingly worthless piece of platic with a screen on it

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Well this brightens up my day.

If only the gorilla kept the DS, learned to play games, then moved up and played more complex games like Starcraft 2.

I'd love to play a round with it.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Twilight.falls said:
Well this brightens up my day.

If only the gorilla kept the DS, learned to play games, then moved up and played more complex games like Starcraft 2.

I'd love to play a round with it.
jut make sure you dont get too competitive, i have a hunch he wont be a good loser about it

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
That's just great. They should buy the gorilla a DS with a really simple game in it and see how he does lol.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Heh i bet gorillas would be better sports than most people on xbox live. I would buy a console if i knew that something this awesome would come of it.

Cmichaels

Jul 14, 2010
ShadowKatt said:
That's very interesting. I wonder if someone could donate a DS or a PSP and see if they really could learn to play simple games.

Course, it might make the zoo a little less interesting, but at least the animals would be entertained for a change.
I'd much rather see some animals playing video games then sleeping or walking around

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Yeah I'd say a gorilla is more than intelligent enough to play most of the games on Nintendo systems anymore. In fact the gorillas might be a little more highbrow than your average Wii owner. At least they were curtious enough to drop a DSi XL into the cage cause your basic DSi would be far too small for it's big gorilla hands.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
David_G said:
That's pretty cool. I'm also surprised that the gorilla even figured out how to even hold it without breaking it.
So that's why they say "Monkey see, monkey do" hu?

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
... Maybe I'm old fashioned but, why did the kid have a DS at the zoo? I love games and all, but for the love of god people, when you go to a zoo you shouldn't have to bring your own entertainment!