Gorilla Tries to Play Nintendo DSi XL

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Ragsnstitches said:
... Maybe I'm old fashioned but, why did the kid have a DS at the zoo? I love games and all, but for the love of god people, when you go to a zoo you shouldn't have to bring your own entertainment!
Nintendo DS > Monstrous creatures that could snap your neck in 14 different places in the blink of an eye if they so choose, apparently.

Kids these days.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
And they say we're nothing alike. One point awarded to gaming and evolution!

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
See, this is actually pretty fascinating.

Pigs can play videogames. Or, at least, make a little blip move around on a screen. Dogs and chimps can't.
It's not a large stretch of the mind to say maybe gorillas could, though. Maybe there should be some study into this.
It might help establish their spacial reasoning capabilities. Or something.

Fuck it, I don't actually care, I just wanna see if gorillas enjoy Halo.
Put cancer research on hold, this shit needs to be done.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
If a gorilla can play my DS he can keep it. This may be because I have a spare DS, though.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Ragsnstitches said:
... Maybe I'm old fashioned but, why did the kid have a DS at the zoo? I love games and all, but for the love of god people, when you go to a zoo you shouldn't have to bring your own entertainment!
When I was a kid, I never wanted to go to the zoo. I was always dragged along.

I think my reasons for bringing my own entertainment is justified.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Nintendo and good hardware? My SNES and NES are busted, and my DS had to be replaced twice on a bum L button. Not quite satisfied myself but I'm thinking I'm just unlucky considering that whole still working melted gameboy thing.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
This is why I refuse to bring anything of value to a zoo. Seriously, what the animals will eat / take haunts me. Almost dropped an expensive camera at a zoo near a lion's exhibit. From now on I use cheap ones so that if it drops, might as well save me some cash in the end.

Oh, and if the Gorilla actually began playing the DSi, the old catchphrase "So easy a caveman can do it!" will probably have the word caveman replaced with gorilla.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
The story has a happy ending, as the gorilla eventually was tricked into trading the DSi XL to its trainer for a shiny apple, which is actually more than he would have gotten had he traded it in at a game store.
Honestly, I would trade a DS for a shiny apple. I like shiny stuff.
OT: Nintendo makes games which appeals to monkeys? For some reason, I kinda get that (I kid. Please don't kill me).

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
It just picked up a thing that was designed to be held the way it's shown in that picture.It only shows good design,even an ape can figure out the easiest way to hold our product.

zombie711 said:
was he playing donkey kong? (I'll be here all week)

imgunagitusucka

Apr 20, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Well they are curious beings indeed. I wonder if we ever can train a Gorilla to play some FPS with us, go apeshit and rage. Bricking every hardware in the house before reading a good book about the human brain. God, that would make my life.
they would probably provide more constuctive and mature conversation than many xbl fps gamers