Goth Mercenaries

TheUnbeholden

Dec 13, 2007
Daveman said:
I liked the single player too, though I was the Hunter. I loved the Sniping, it was one game where you can snipe fairly safely without worrying too much about getting rushed, though boss fights were kind of silly as a sniper, it just doesn't feel right. I didn't play it long enough to reach the level cap because I had to get back to uni. Maybe that's it.

Anyway, I don't post on ZP forums because it's either variations on "nice review, can't wait for the next", blatant fanboys and trolls. So maybe it's just a higher class of people who enjoy borderlands single player. [/snootyness]
Actually you should totally change the last part of your sentence to /sarcasm because its exactly the opposite.
ZP has some of the most intelligent fans, most of them post regularly simply to say it was a great review for so and so reason. And occasionally give their opinion for something they actually have knowledge about (because uninformed opinions are frowned upon if we've learned anything from Yahtzee's "Scribblenauts" Extra Punct article.)
Generally comment section here is better than most.
Plus you actually need to be able to read to comment here in other words have a attention span higher than the average tard.

The fanboys only say they liked it without giving a reason why.
Trolls usually try everything to get people fired up but its sometimes difficult to tell who they are, and the idiots leave the 'first!' comments at the beginning of the comment section.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
TheUnbeholden said:
Daveman said:
I liked the single player too, though I was the Hunter. I loved the Sniping, it was one game where you can snipe fairly safely without worrying too much about getting rushed, though boss fights were kind of silly as a sniper, it just doesn't feel right. I didn't play it long enough to reach the level cap because I had to get back to uni. Maybe that's it.

Anyway, I don't post on ZP forums because it's either variations on "nice review, can't wait for the next", blatant fanboys and trolls. So maybe it's just a higher class of people who enjoy borderlands single player. [/snootyness]
Actually you should totally change the last part of your sentence to /sarcasm because its exactly the opposite.
ZP has some of the most intelligent fans, most of them post regularly simply to say it was a great review for so and so reason. And occasionally give their opinion for something they actually have knowledge about (because uninformed opinions are frowned upon if we've learned anything from Yahtzee's "Scribblenauts" Extra Punct article.)
Generally comment section here is better than most.
Plus you actually need to be able to read to comment here in other words have a attention span higher than the average tard.

The fanboys only say they liked it without giving a reason why.
Trolls usually try everything to get people fired up but its sometimes difficult to tell who they are, and the idiots leave the 'first!' comments at the beginning of the comment section.
Wow... massive blast from the past there. That comment is from over 2 years ago now. Now that's impressive. I think it's slightly too late to bother with changing it.

I'm not "dissing" ZP there or the fans, it's is just the fact that the comment section is a bit intense. I mean it's no Youtube or anything but with regards to the rest of the escapist it's pretty bad. Also the [/snootyness] was really more to do with the final sentence.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Never would've taken Yahtzee for a hipster... What am I talking about? Of course I would've taken him for one. But not in a bad way like all the peace hippies who only want people dead if they make child armies, no. Yahtzee's more of a true hipster. The only reason he won't do something is because it's cool which would make sense when you consider how much he hates FPSs. They're so popular that he feels like a conformists if he plays them hence the bad reviews.

It all makes sense now.

Hunter15

Jan 12, 2011
300lb. Samoan said:
So Borderlands is mediocre because it doesn't give you the opportunity to show off what a non-conformist loner you are? Sounding more like a precious brat than a game reviewer here, regardless of how many people agree with you.
And truth Be told, Borderlands became Mediocre because its sequel overshadowed it. Borderlands 2 offered more guns, upgrades, mechanics, skills, characters, art design and overall more play time. I play Both games but I play Borderlands 2 way more than the first cause I enjoy it so much more. The first is fun, but the second is way more fun.