Goth Robot Fight Scene Draws Hollywood Attention

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
If there's one thing that stands out, it's that the creator has vision. If he can use that vision with other people's concepts, he'll be a hell of a movie director. If not, he could still make some good things happen, but they'll always have to be "his" vision, and he'll have to slog that long road to where he can get his visions supported by distributors.

Either way, best of luck to him!

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
That was fucking awesome, maybe too much time spent on some parts that should go to others, but still as a homebrew thing this is the shit.
And very odd, what the shit was that all about.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
I am dissapointed, i was expecting, you know, actual robots (or animations of robots atleast), instead of chicks in skintight suits.

Purple Dragon

Dec 19, 2010
the fight was so awesome partly due to the utter lack of music or human voices(or when there was music it was quiet)all you hear is the sound of punches, and it was AWESOME

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Who needs a plot when you've got SYMBOLISM! Please. The Animatrix called, it wants its pretentiousness back.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I struggle to see what the hell is supposed to be interesting about this. It's some animesque designed cyborgs with kibbletastic design having a badly foley'd "wants to be the matrix" fight.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Is it a good idea to let Hollywood touch this?

I mean... they have a tendency of taking semi-popular things and bloating it with needless pop-culture references and popular actors until you can't recognize the original project.

ILikeEggs

Mar 30, 2011
From a technical standpoint(and an aesthetic one to an extent), this is extremely damn awesome, especially for one person.
One of the first few short films I've worked on took no less than 9 months with 8 people working on it and less than half the requisite skillsets that you'd need to create something like Rosa.

That said, I don't care all that much for the plot and the film seemed to focus far too little on it anyway. Additionally, like people have mentioned, I'm sort of dreading what will happen once it gets the "Hollywood treatment".

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
TsunamiWombat said:
I struggle to see what the hell is supposed to be interesting about this. It's some animesque designed cyborgs with kibbletastic design having a badly foley'd "wants to be the matrix" fight.
Yeah, well made, but largely uninteresting.
Only watched it because of misleading thread name.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
beefpelican said:
Stalk stalk stalk stalk SLAAAAAP FIIIIIIGHT!
The so called Sticky hands [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticky_hands#Chi_sao] technique is a valid one in Wing Chun, a Chinese martial art, but it doesn't make for the most exciting fighting in cinema. There you want something a little more... kinetic.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
Pedro The Hutt said:
beefpelican said:
Stalk stalk stalk stalk SLAAAAAP FIIIIIIGHT!
The so called Sticky hands [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticky_hands#Chi_sao] technique is a valid one in Wing Chun, a Chinese martial art, but it doesn't make for the most exciting fighting in cinema. There you want something a little more... kinetic.
Ah yes. I sometimes use that fighting style if I am attacked by ninjas while I am eating wings.