GOTY (and PGOTY) Discussion

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Ha! I knew all that smoke about Ragnarok being your GotY was all for naught.
Naw, GoW still takes GOTY simply because my bias for FF7 is too strong and this is just a rerelease of a game from 2007. So while I'm loving it, I think GOW is still the better game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This game came out last year, but I want to give a high honorable mention to Annalynn. Think Mario Bros. (The original arcade game) combined with Pac-Man and Miner 2049er. The game is on Steam you can usually find it at a cheap price with or without the sale. This game has lots of bonuses too after beating the game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I thought I was the only one who knew of its existence :cry:
You are never the only one.

Frowns in Neon White.
I didn't get the chance to play it yet, but if it's your first person shooter the year, then make it so. You have the choice and I am not stopping you. I will give the game for being the most unique first person shooter of the year and it looks like something Grasshopper Studios would do back in the mid-2000s. The writing is god-awful though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Capcom Fight Game Collection and Cowabunga Collection are the best Compilation Games of 2022. You can add the Atari 50th Anniversary Collection as well, but I have not gotten that yet. All three are great collections and provide games that are hard to get nowadays or never made it home consoles. I do favor Cowabunga a bit more, because of all the bonuses it has, outside of the games themselves. CFG has great bonuses as well, but I mainly got it for Red Earth and the Darkstalkers games. CGF does have better online and rollback net code though. Both CFG and CC allow you play both the English Version and Japanese Version of all games (one of the Darkstalker games was Japan only though).

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I will say that in defense of Gotham Knight and the superhero genre. I do agree that you want to feel like the superhero on the box when you play a game like this. But I disagree with Yahtzee in that I think Gotham Knights does a great job of making you feel like the people on the box, the problem is that the people on the box suck. Playing as Batman is kind of boring, it's worse when you're just playing as a crew of wannabe Batmans.

Last edited: