Gov Newsom faces recall election

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
For some reason I just pictured Vince McMahon in the Situation room and the Oval Office and I felt my asshole violently contract. Is that a normal reaction?
At this stage it will probably be Stephanie or Shane. Vince once tore both quads just sliding into the ring. And that was 15 years ago. The man is fueled mostly by steroids, red meat and coke. I mean he did once pitch a story where he got his daughter pregnant and you guys apparently like that kind of thing in a president.
Abraham Lincoln is in the wrestling hall of fame with a 299-1 record.
I really need people to know that that is not a joke.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
A Democrat governor in California is being recalled over their (perceived) poor handling of a crisis and one of the Republican candidates is an athlete with no real political experience.

The more things have changed, the more they have stayed the same.
Snake Plissken approves.

Put in place non-sense restrictions that hurt small businesses while allowing big business to operate like normal thus both hurting the economy and not meaningfully curbing the spread.

Issued restrictions on how many people could gather while completely ignoring those restrictions for himself and his family and throwing lavish parties.

You know, the same thing all the other politicians did.

We just already don't like him so it was easy enough to get the signatures needed for a recall.
Lots of restrictions made no sense like that outdoor dining ban.

Most of the restrictions never made any sense and never really got to the root of the covid spread like say focusing on migrant farmers where most of the spreading probably originated vs small businesses that had to close that almost certainly did not contribute majorly to the spread.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
At this stage it will probably be Stephanie or Shane. Vince once tore both quads just sliding into the ring. And that was 15 years ago. The man is fueled mostly by steroids, red meat and coke. I mean he did once pitch a story where he got his daughter pregnant and you guys apparently like that kind of thing in a president.
I really need people to know that that is not a joke.
What's this 'You Guys' shit? I'm from Australia.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Anyone see this?

Basically Olympic cheater and killer Caitlyn Jenner is running for Governor of California on a no more homeless around private jet hangers, and no trans athletes in sports platform.
'cause fuck it why not, Trump won the presidency by openly insulting his own followers, calling them poor and stupid and they LOVED it. I have no doubt Jenner can win.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Anyone see this?

Basically Olympic cheater and killer Caitlyn Jenner is running for Governor of California on a no more homeless around private jet hangers, and no trans athletes in sports platform.
'cause fuck it why not, Trump won the presidency by openly insulting his own followers, calling them poor and stupid and they LOVED it. I have no doubt Jenner can win.
Living on the west coast and watching people freak out about there being a homelessness crisis during a massive drop in employment that’s somehow coincided with massive increases in housing costs has been disgusting.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Narcissists are in fashion for politics at the moment.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Living on the west coast and watching people freak out about there being a homelessness crisis during a massive drop in employment that’s somehow coincided with massive increases in housing costs has been disgusting.
One of my cousins lives in LA and decided instead of moving, he'd rather just buy his apartment. 500 sq ft. $600,000.
Real estate prices are absurd and when that bubble bursts, bad times.
And Caitlyn can go fuck herself. I know she has tits now, but she's always been a huge boob. Just reading the transcript and watching clips of her interview the only justification I can see for her candidacy is Trump lowered the bar so low she couldn't possibly be worse.

Reactions: Revnak

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Anyone see this?
I'll bet a dollar to a bent nail that the sentence "Why don't the homeless just fly out to their summer homes" was actually spoken aloud.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I'll bet a dollar to a bent nail that the sentence "Why don't the homeless just fly out to their summer homes" was actually spoken aloud.
Its sad because Im pretty sure South Park made a joke just like that like 20 years ago about how Hollywood celebs are just so out of touch with average citizens. And Jenner is like a cartoon parody of an airhead.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Fingers crossed she's still fighting with Kris Jenner, who saves California from her out of spite and for ratings.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Anyone see this?

Not sure who she's trying to appeal to. On one hand, Republicans aren't gonna vote for her because she's trans and said Biden won the election fairly and on the other, Democrats aren't gonna vote for her because she was a Trump Bootlicker for a while and just kinda awful in general.

Portland has a bit of a homeless problem and while there's a lot of complaining about it, the same people never seem to have a way to fix the problem. They just don't want to have to look at them.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Gavin is trying to bribe voters not to boot him out.

He realizes that if he gets recalled he'll never get his dream of being president.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Gavin is trying to bribe voters not to boot him out.

He realizes that if he gets recalled he'll never get his dream of being president.
There is literally a law stating that the money has to be returned to the citizens. This is no different than Trump wanting his name on the stimulus checks.
Besides, this recall might cost upwards of $400 million, and his term ends in 2022. This is republicans wasting hundreds of millions on a stunt, since there is pretty much no viable republican candidate.