Gran Turismo 5 Racing Into Stores This Month

killamanhunter

Mar 24, 2009
If my GT4 disc would play in my PS2 then I would skip on this, but sadly it doesn't want to work in only MY PS2...

OT: This game looks amazing and I hope to pick it up at christmas

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I worry about them releasing GT5 this close. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's great that it's FINALLY getting here, but as another user pointed out earlier, this seems like they're just trying to rush it out the door as quickly as they can before the holidays.

They don't have enough time for marketing, getting the word out, all that. I mean, sure, most of the die-hard GT fans will probably get it, but I'm afraid that it's just going to be a pretty slow burn when it should be a boom because, you know, it's Gran Turismo.

Still moderately excited for it, I might get it for a holiday present.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
I'm sorry, but I've been burned too many times before.

I'll believe you, Polyphony; when I have purchased the game, taken it home, waited half an hour for a 10GB install to complete (Medal of Honor: Frontline took 6.1GB and that lasted 15 minutes) and I get into my first race. Until then, I don't believe you.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
qbanknight said:
Hate to break it to you guys...but it will totally disappoint
Yeah what's the old saying about a game that's been in development for 5 years? How can it not dissapoint.

In all seriousness I've known polyphony to do some fine work. But since me and sony never got passed our ps2 phase I'll likely miss this game anyway. I'd hate to see it fail from a financial standpoint though. The delays have been rediculous but I know polyphony works hard, and even though I'm on the other side of the racing sim fence, I see how awsome the competition has driven the genre to be. Hell I started on GT.

freedomweasel

Sep 24, 2010
Karim Saad said:
qbanknight said:
Hate to break it to you guys...but it will totally disappoint
Of course.

And what a BSing asshole.
"He compared it to the Apollo Space Program - which put the first men on the moon in 1969 - in terms of the complexity of the project and the number of challenges along the way."
I think he used the Apollo program as a metaphor, if you click the link he says something like "It's like our apollo program", meaning it's one of the biggest projects we've had.

That said, 6 years and there are still more miatas than mercedes, 30 some skylines, and no BMW E30 M3? When I say there are more Mitsubishis and Nissans in this game that most other games have cars total, I don't mean that as a good thing. But, I need a racing game on my PS3, and it has the RS6 Avant, so not all is lost.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
"Riiiiiiight- I don't believe you!" (Cookie for the reference.)

But in all honesty, the game does look pretty sweet, pity it's only for you lucky PS3 owners.
I hope their choice to release it almost directly after one of the largest selling video games of all time (Black Ops) doesn't hurt it's overall sales too much.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
Jezzascmezza said:

But in all honesty, the game does look pretty sweet, pity it's only for you lucky PS3 owners.
I hope their choice to release it almost directly after one of the largest selling video games of all time (Black Ops) doesn't hurt it's overall sales too much.
Why would it?? two different games, one is a shooter the other a racing sim, both attract different crowds of people.

OT: i'm not going to hold my breath untill i actually see it on the shelves or actually running on a ps3.

freedomweasel

Sep 24, 2010
Mornelithe said:
freedomweasel said:
You've found a verified car list then? Link plz?
http://jalopnik.com/5688431/the-cars-tracks-of-gran-turismo-5?skyline=true&s=i

Cars and tracks. The car list has "s" and "p" to show standard vs premium cars

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
ELCTea said:
Jezzascmezza said:

Why would it?? two different games, one is a shooter the other a racing sim, both attract different crowds of people.
You'd be surprised, actually.
I know quite a few PS3 owners at my school who don't have a whole lot of money, and had to decide between Black Ops and GT5.
For the record, just about all of them chose Black Ops.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
This is awesome, I've had this pre-ordered for years so only cost me a bag of sand and two hens...

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Tipsy Giant said:
Eagle Est1986 said:
Tipsy Giant said:
Well I have great news, you can now pick it up for a 3rd of the release price and it is worth the release price.

i played through every race in Forza 2 and when 3 was released I played it avidly and it as good if not better.

The rewind function does tend to make the game a little easy but you can ignore the feature completely, it is primarily there for sim driving first timers who need to get used to braking for corners and gently breaking and gently accelerating into and out of corners respectively.

For sim racing veterans you ignore the feature and is not only the same style as the 2 it has better tracks, better customisation and better car models. Trust me if you liked Forza 2 you'll love 3!

Buy it and get back to me on your findings, i'm certain they'll be positive
Hmmm, I must admit that the rewind was one of my pet peeves. One question though, did they add weather to it? It was the one thing I thought 2 lacked.
It doesn't have weather but you don't notice it, trust me, would I lie to you
Well.... I guess not. I'll make a mental note to pick it up if I see it cheap anywhere, which saying that I can't remember seeing it in a shop... how strange. Anyways, GT5 is here now, so I'll have to look at Forza 3 when I get my fill of that.

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
voorhees123 said:
I like cars but not to the point of wanting 20 versions of the same car with slight tweaks. Plus i read the car list for this game and am not that impressed. To many variations and not enough USA or Euro cars. Granted it is an Asian game but if its supposed to be "the ultimate car game" then why the lack of variety? But atleast those that want they game can finally play it.
Same thought here. But possibly they can bring out more cars via DLC?