Grand Theft Auto V Coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC This Fall

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Strazdas said:
by now noone cares about GTA5 anymore. releasing your game 1 year too late rockstar.

yeah, i may pick it up on same some time, sure, i woud have paid full price for PC version back then. but hey, at least they are releasing at all, since the current abominations i dont count as releases.
i gotta say, i'm feeling the same way. my hype for the game was synonymous with the the release of it... for consoles. i'm sure it is a fantastic game, but the release it too late for me to care. the excitement has gone, and while i will undoubtedly pick it up at some stage, it will be with a nice discount in a sale, not the full price i totally would have bought it for when it was still new and exciting

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
It looks fantastic, but I question the point of re-releasing a game that everybody in the known universe has already played.

Adultratedhydra

Aug 19, 2010
Kingjackl said:
It looks fantastic, but I question the point of re-releasing a game that everybody in the known universe has already played.
Activision has been re-releasing the same game for years now and noone seems to mind that much.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I knew keeping media blackout for GTAV was the right thing to do.

Now all I have to do is wait a couple of months then I can finally play this game on my PC.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Sgt. Sykes said:
Yesssss...

Just, guys, please, make the PC version not suck this time okay?
This.

Though I am very pleased by this news. I can finally play GTA V and aim without interference! :D

Dollabillyall

Jul 18, 2012
I'm sad that it took so long for them to make the PC port. I dont have a console but I played GTA V anyway and now I think I might not spend the money for it... pity...

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
I am very glad that they will keep the movie editor thingy from IV in V for the PC version.

That alone made me waste so much time in that game.

MeTalHeD

Feb 19, 2014
Belaam said:
AC4, Tomb Raider, GTAV... Man, I am really going to have to get a PS4 once they come out with games I didn't buy, play, and beat six months ago on my. PS3.

What the hell, Sony? PS2 and PS3 managed to come out without repackaging all the previous generation's games.
I don't know what it is about "next gen" not actually doing anything "next gen". Maybe Sony overestimated the amount of fresh material developers had in store for future releases, or maybe the next gen console was meant to just upgrade the graphics of older games to somewhat keep up with PC.

Either way, I am looking forward to GTA V on PC because I loved GTA IV. I may need to get my GTX 560 to the gym, force it to drink numerous protein shakes a day and generously supply it with lube every time I start up GTA, though :(

My Radeon HD5770 was never the same after GTA IV got hold of it...

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I can't wait for the youtube videos around a month after release on how crappy and shitty the PC port is and how it's not living up to hyped expectations, Rockstar will then get the same message once more and delay future games or none at all like Red Dead.

I'm happy at the news but I know some people still hold their grudges along with expecting to tear it a new one and still wonder why R* doesn't give them new stuff.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I can't wait for the youtube videos around a month after release on how crappy and shitty the PC port is and how it's not living up to hyped expectations, Rockstar will then get the same message once more and delay future games or none at all like Red Dead.

I'm happy at the news but I know some people still hold their grudges along with expecting to tear it a new one and still wonder why R* doesn't give them new stuff.
Well excuse us for having expectations of a good port after almost a year delay. Not only we get treated as second class citizens, because "Oh no..the pirates guys!" then they don't even bother to make a proper port...GTAIV was one of the worst ports in history.

To add insult to injury..their legacy started on PC and now they barely give any fucks to the PC platform anymore, makes me feel rather betrayed.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
DarkhoIlow said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:

Well excuse us for having expectations of a good port after almost a year delay. Not only we get treated as second class citizens, because "Oh no..the pirates guys!" then they don't even bother to make a proper port...GTAIV was one of the worst ports in history.

To add insult to injury..their legacy started on PC and now they barely give any fucks to the PC platform anymore, makes me feel rather betrayed.
Are you implying consoles have never ever felt this before?, I could swear that you are though, especially given you have SC a game that's never coming to consoles and that side is already reveling in that fact, that's a lot of people doing that if anything.

No people can have expectations, you forgot the part where I said "hyped expectations", because some people think and believe it's legitimately fair to have expectations the universe over and then blow it up in everyones faces when it doesn't and they would have known it wouldn't but did it for the sake anyway, I've seen people do that before and it's bloody stupid if you ask me.

Console gamers have expectations but some PC gamers put theirs beyond anything of the normal realm on purpose in order to spite the creators and others like console owners.

I'm very much sure you won't be the last to tell me the same thing. I'm going to stand by my point above, it doesn't matter how many a time some PC only user on here thinks quoting me with the same "well excuse me princess" is going to get me to suddenly sympathise with them, how can I when they haven't with anything else not of their platform?, it's like asking someone to care for them when they don't give a the time for anyone else but they'll ***** about it anyway.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Predictable, really. I wasn't overwhelmed by it, but my friend is really happy to now have it on both his Xbox One and PC (or will, rather) so... yay!

Mar 9, 2012
Once again I'm reminded how much I really want a San Ferrio and/or Las Venturas expansion for the game. Alas, while the new current-gen consoles should be able to pull such a thing off, I also know that its probably too much to hope for.

SerBrittanicus

Jul 22, 2013
So bets are now open to see how many layers of drm the pc version will have mangled into it. I suppose there will be at least two with Steam and their Rockstar club thing (if it still exists), but I think they will find a way to throw some more in there.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Nice to hear that gta 5 is getting a pc port, I do really hope that unlike 4 the port is actually good, most of the pre gta 4 ports where great so it?s not like rockstar is incapable of making good pc ports.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
DarkhoIlow said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:

Are you implying consoles have never ever felt this before?, I could swear that you are though, especially given you have SC a game that's never coming to consoles and that side is already reveling in that fact, that's a lot of people doing that if anything.

No people can have expectations, you forgot the part where I said "hyped expectations", because some people think and believe it's legitimately fair to have expectations the universe over and then blow it up in everyones faces when it doesn't and they would have known it wouldn't but did it for the sake anyway, I've seen people do that before and it's bloody stupid if you ask me.

Console gamers have expectations but some PC gamers put theirs beyond anything of the normal realm on purpose in order to spite the creators and others like console owners.

I'm very much sure you won't be the last to tell me the same thing. I'm going to stand by my point above, it doesn't matter how many a time some PC only user on here thinks quoting me with the same "well excuse me princess" is going to get me to suddenly sympathise with them, how can I when they haven't with anything else not of their platform?, it's like asking someone to care for them when they don't give a the time for anyone else but they'll ***** about it anyway.
I don't want your sympathy. I want developers or their publishers (whoever decided on this) to stop beating around the bush and just say it straight: "Hey PC gamers, you know we are going to release this on console first so we can force some of you that have one to buy the game then double dip when we release it a year later on next gen + PC so we can maximize profits. We don't give a shit about you pirates and be happy that you get a port anyway." And yes I expect good things from a developer that has such a high portfolio of good games to not make the same shitty port that GTA IV was, because that was simply atrocious (it barely ran properly on a high end PC when it released).

This is the same discussion that happened with Dark Souls 1 PC port and it won't be the last. Standards must be kept for every platform and most of us expect those to be kept.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
And Cats? Is that a cat at :46 in the background? I got a small screen here.
I played this game to death on the ps3 (hell, I'm still playing) but I might get this for the pc anyway for 2 reasons.
The movie maker and to see what pc hackers do with the content creator; considering how much crazy stuff that's been done with the console version, we should be in for some weird custom content.
I wont get it right away of course, I'm sure they'll need time to work out the bugs and I'll need some time to play the new Borderlands.

Another thing, how many people re-buy a game just because they can? I've done it a couple of times but only so I could get mods for games I really really liked: The original San Andreas, Fallout 3, GTAV eventually.