Grand Theft Auto V Coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC This Fall

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
Huzzah for another poorly optimized PC port with sluggish controls!

After the mess that was GTA4 I think I'll pass on GTA5. Maybe I'll go fire up Vice City again....

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
And somewhere out there, in the far future, they may finally one day make those heists that were advertised as part of GTA Online before GTA 5 came out. Granted, my interest in GTA 5 and online died awhile back, though I was thinking of coming back to it if to see how the heists were when the make those. Definitely not buying it next gen though, wasn't entertaining enough to me to justify buying it again.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
I hope they offer a cross buy discount for those of us who own ps3 version. I would have gotten a lot more play out of GTA:O if my ps3 didn't get moved out of the living room to make way for the ps4.

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
Mega Messiah said:
I think the tagline for PC gamer put it the best:

"It's about time."
Yeah it is..

On the other hand it is totally unacceptable that they wait so long to release the PC version (likely a bad bug riddled port like GTA IV) of the game. Hopefully it won't be as horrid at launch as its predecessor.

Donzacuceron

Sep 22, 2012
Seth Carter said:
Seems like this would only appeal to the hardcore GTA:O base wanting to hop up to next-gen at this point with most of the hype died down. Possibly a mild amount of PC holdouts who will quickly become jaded by the likely overwhelming amount of hackers once they hit online.

Forgive if I'm dismissive of the singleplayer game, because it wings by quick, and then you just have a triathlon simulator.
VAC actually does it's job pretty well.I just have to hold off on the singleplayer for a week before the bans start coming in

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Paradox SuXcess said:
Seeing as it's coming to PC, let's hope the game runs smoother, better, finer and fixes some of the crappy bugs and glitches and headaches that console users had to go through.
Knowing how bad the PC port of GTAIV was, this seems unlikely.

Can't say I'm too interested though. GTA has been getting rather boring while other games do the whole sandbox thing a lot better. In a world with Just Cause 2 and Saints Row, why do I want to play another GTA that's idea of doing something new is adding in a bunch of boring mini-games and side quests?

Big_Boss_Mantis

May 28, 2012
Paradox SuXcess said:
Seeing as it's coming to PC, let's hope the game runs smoother, better, finer and fixes some of the crappy bugs and glitches and headaches that console users had to go through.
GTA Online apart (which suffered from major bugs, but so does a lot of high profile multiplayer games), I don't know what "crappy bugs and glitches and headaches" console users had to go through.

I have played the PS3 version at launch, logged dozens of hours on its singleplayer until completion, and had an absolute blast with it without finding one single noteworthy bug.

I don't know why Rockstar didn't launched it on PC, but the console version was a great game.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Vivi22 said:
Knowing how bad the PC port of GTAIV was, this seems unlikely.

Can't say I'm too interested though. GTA has been getting rather boring while other games do the whole sandbox thing a lot better. In a world with Just Cause 2 and Saints Row, why do I want to play another GTA that's idea of doing something new is adding in a bunch of boring mini-games and side quests?
I couldn't agree with you more. The hype has gone and the only new things are "Hey, would you like to play the same kind of missions over and over and over again with much less payout that at the end of it all, you still can't afford a nice apartment or car? Then here you go."

Big_Boss_Mantis said:
GTA Online apart (which suffered from major bugs, but so does a lot of high profile multiplayer games), I don't know what "crappy bugs and glitches and headaches" console users had to go through.

I have played the PS3 version at launch, logged dozens of hours on its singleplayer until completion, and had an absolute blast with it without finding one single noteworthy bug.

I don't know why Rockstar didn't launched it on PC, but the console version was a great game.
Well you are the lucky few and it's you had fun with it. For me I had,

-Money taken away from me as well as stats if I didn't pay the game for a few weeks.
-When I killed someone with a bounty on their heads, I often didn't get the payout (and yes I saw Lester).
-Had the R* server log me out as soon as I was about to kill someone with a bounty.
-Had to pay for my own insurance when other players blew up my cars with either a tank or stinky bomb.
-Rendering issues when the map wouldn't even load fully.
-Had missions end because players left in the middle of them resulting in me getting a bad sport.
-Open lobbies filled with racist and egotistical beings.
-Delivering a car to Simeon and receiving no payout.
-Game crashes too often for my liking.

and yes a few more and all of these have happened to me too many times that i just gave up on the game.

R* spoke about how in PC there would be hacking but on consoles, the many hack and hand outs made things worse.

Atrocious Joystick

May 5, 2011
GTA V was a good game, probably even bordering on great. You don´t feel like you´ve wasted your money or your time but I felt it had much of the same problem that GTA IV had. It doesn´t really seem to know what it wants to be, a more "serious" (not as in dark but as in story driven even if it is a lighthearted story) crime game thingy or a wacky sandbox with fun characters but not much story.

It starts off like its going to be about a retired bankrobber having to get "back in the game for one last hit" and his token black friend who´s tired of being smalltime and their psycho "buddy" and it goes like that for a while and then it sort of forgets about it and goes off and does something else for a while and then it sort of keeps jumping between these two slightly different "versions" of the same game like it has ADHD and can´t keep focused long enough to finish one thing before it starts another.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
The game was great with the story and character stuff. But once the game finished i was bored with the game world. I think the characters were so well written that i really missed their banter once its over and the game felt empty afterwards. Not played online, so i think the online gamers will have a lot of fun with that. An the mods will be great im sure.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Even though from what I hear the PC port of GTA IV wasn't great, I still wanted to get it because I never got to play it, and I've seen some of the hilarious mods for it.

So I was happy they announced the port of GTA V, cause I thought, now it is only a matter of time till Steam runs a heavy discount on the GTA IV collection.

After I heard the GTA V announcement, I saw that IV wasn't on sale yet, but two hours later now the collection is on sale, 80% for 6 bucks.

Had to pick it up, probably regret it, cause who knows with the Steam summers sales coming very soon, it could get cheaper, but I had to pull the trigger now.

Sep 14, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
Even though from what I hear the PC port of GTA IV wasn't great, I still wanted to get it because I never got to play it, and I've seen some of the hilarious mods for it.

So I was happy they announced the port of GTA V, cause I thought, now it is only a matter of time till Steam runs a heavy discount on the GTA IV collection.

After I heard the GTA V announcement, I saw that IV wasn't on sale yet, but two hours later now the collection is on sale, 80% for 6 bucks.

Had to pick it up, probably regret it, cause who knows with the Steam summers sales coming very soon, it could get cheaper, but I had to pull the trigger now.
not that I don't have the same train of thought...but it's almost becoming pathetic when we question buying a game for 6 bucks (80% off to boot at that) that might be cheaper a month or two from now in the summer sale lol. thanks to steam sales pc gamers have quite the tight buttholes when it comes to their wallets now.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Seth Carter said:
Forgive if I'm dismissive of the singleplayer game, because it wings by quick, and then you just have a triathlon simulator.
some people like triathlon simulators. just look how sucesfull "Walking-in-the-woods-simulator"s have been.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Are you implying consoles have never ever felt this before?, I could swear that you are though, especially given you have SC a game that's never coming to consoles and that side is already reveling in that fact, that's a lot of people doing that if anything.
pray tell us what companies started in Console markets and then went solely PC while giving half-broken console ports that dont even always work while riddle with worst DRM out there (Games for windows live).
Cant? well then he is right implying consoles have never felt this before.

Ultratwinkie said:
Found a comparison shot:
you mean stole from /r/pcmasterrace/
:p
saw this one there yesterday.

Ultratwinkie said:
I haven't seen texture work that bad since Oblivion. Hell, Oblivion is probably better.
Oblivion textures were fine. its the normal maps that were terrible. i used this normal map mod [http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18430/?] and it looked better than vanilla skyrim afterwards.

Vivi22 said:
some people enjoy the "boring" parts of the game you know.

Big_Boss_Mantis said:
you mean the horrible texture popins that kill you that console suffered due to console graphic engine being too slow to draw items?

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Strazdas said:
Seth Carter said:
some people like triathlon simulators. just look how sucesfull "Walking-in-the-woods-simulator"s have been.
I'd call it a matter of focus. You could make a "Walking in the Woods" simulator, include birdwatching, hiking, rock climbing, canoeing, everything. I'd probably even enjoy it.

When you make a sandbox game titularly related to car theft, filled with characters whose primary occupations are car thief, bank robber, ????/miscelleanous/drug runner/smuggler. It'd be sort of nice if you kind of went with that theme in your sandbox activities. Pointedly (referring back to the title of the game), you can't even steal cars for the purposes of money, just as a way to move around. Or do anything criminal for money, other then robbing a store here and there, many of which require exploiting odd glitches.

GT:Online threw all this in, but is saddled with the burden of having to have a bunch of friends on, or dealing with the winds of random online players. Then throws you in the timeout corner if you deal with idiots trying to run over you. Which may or may not ever let you back out due to bugs. Did they even add heists yet? The whole focal point of the game's marketing and all.

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
So it's great news, but I'm wondering. Do you think all the DLCs made since the game came out (Beach Bum, High Life, etc) will be packaged into the game? And also, how much will you bet that Online will have some very small problems people will blow up at and say "ROCKSTAR FUCKED THIS UP SO BAD! I'M SELLING IT FOR CALL OF DUTY!"

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
How long until this excitement turns into people upset that the controls are "awful" or it's "poorly optimised" or the usual complaints?

I kid, I kid. PC gamers will finally be able to join their console cousins in the wait for heists to actually be added.

Strazdas said:
ech, everyone knew they are going to anounce that on E3, and everyone also knew its going to be bad because by now noone cares about GTA5 anymore. releasing your game 1 year too late rockstar.
I find it a touch strange you're insisting no-ones care in a thread where people are stating the opposite.

DarkhoIlow said:
Well excuse us for having expectations of a good port after almost a year delay. Not only we get treated as second class citizens, because "Oh no..the pirates guys!" then they don't even bother to make a proper port...GTAIV was one of the worst ports in history.

To add insult to injury..their legacy started on PC and now they barely give any fucks to the PC platform anymore, makes me feel rather betrayed.
But you just listed all the reasons you have no grounds to expect this to be a good port. So why are you getting excited?

SerBrittanicus said:
So bets are now open to see how many layers of drm the pc version will have mangled into it. I suppose there will be at least two with Steam and their Rockstar club thing (if it still exists), but I think they will find a way to throw some more in there.
In what would become known as the greatest trolljob of 2014, Rockstar releases GTA V with GFWL DRM.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Eh, I'll probably only get it for GTA: Online and when the price drops.

The single-player story wasn't £60 ON BLU-RAY quality, more like a random, crappy comedy you see lying around in Blockbuster so I ain't shilling top dollar for it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DarkhoIlow said:
This is the same discussion that happened with Dark Souls 1 PC port and it won't be the last. Standards must be kept for every platform and most of us expect those to be kept.
Then maybe stop begging and petitioning for console games.

MinionJoe said:
Since the real focus of GTAV is the online component, I can easily see R* going "always online". If PC pirates won't buy the game, at least R* can sucker them into spending $100 on microtransactions.
Assuming they pay, rather than exploiting a glitch or something. I'm kind of betting we'll see overnight millionaires in GTAO. And I honestly doubt Rockstar's going to bother dealing with them, since they've done a halfass job on consoles.

Seth Carter said:
Did they even add heists yet? The whole focal point of the game's marketing and all.
They said heists were coming in spring, but nothing thus far.