Great but extremely unknown/underrated games.

Bravo Company

Feb 21, 2010
phoenix352 said:
iam gona say Dark Messiah of might and magic.
it has the best first person melee combat system ever made period.
and throw that in with a meh story line and beautiful environments.

one of the games i enjoyed the most off its single player.
That was a great game.

I say Hugo for DOS.

Henrik Persson

Mar 14, 2010
Dominions 3 for the TBS fan. It's played like most TBS games, only that everyones turn happens simultaneously. You order your armies to move to a location and if they encounter an enemy, battle ensues. The battles are made by you programming your units. You pick where they start, then how they should act (Flank, shoot, defend, cast spell 'x' etc). I also love the various factions you can play and the fact that you get to design your own god, all of which has a huge impact on how you play, which adds replayability.

rium125

Nov 30, 2009
smt persona 3 and 4, indiana jones and the infernal machine, a lot of the stuff already mentioned, does jedi knight 2 jedi outcast count?

Cobaltmotari

Nov 30, 2009
I suppose mine would have to be The Incredible Machine for the PC, which is now sadly extremely hard to get except maybe on eBay. The closest we ever have to it nowadays is the recently released "Crazy Machines Ultimate Edition" on Windows, and that doesn't have as much cruelty potential as TIM.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
This really isn't a stand-alone game, but has anybody heard of the Half Life 2 mod "Research and Development"?

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
Dark cloud, but more importantly Tombi(Tomba in the US). just fun, a pink haired cave-dude who kills pigs with a black-jack.

Indecizion

Aug 11, 2009
Freelancer, is my response to most of these sort of threads, yeah was an AWESOME game and i need a new copy.

Snor

Mar 17, 2009
gladius, its a turn based gladiator game with a little fantasy in which you run a gladiator school and fight tournaments.

It's a great game although a bit repetative in the end but hey it has co-op!

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Quest 64. People say it was the worst RPG ever made, but [opinion]I thought it was a lot of fun. The graphics were terrible, but that doesn't really matter (see: Crysis) as long as it's fun to play. The combat system was interesting how you could move but it was still turn-based.[/opinion] And I don't know anyone personally who's ever heard of it.

Frozenfeet2

Apr 3, 2010
Psychonauts is awesome, Braid is great and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is epic. Grim Fandango is great as well. Good ol' Tim Schafer.

SmilesX-23

Isn't much of anything
Dec 15, 2009
SWAT 4 for me was one of the best shooters i have ever played but barely anyone has heard of it let alone played it.

Also so few people know about Demons Souls in my local area. But that could have something to do with it not having a european release.

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
LordCuthberton said:
Gunstar Heroes. Always Gunstar Heroes.
You sir, are now my BFF, Gunstar Heroes is one of my favorite Mega Drive games (Sorry, but Desert Strike will always make me do a sex-wee, best main theme ever (after Morrowind)) Only way to play Gunstar Heroes is to use to move-shoot option, it becomes an endurance test to see how long it takes for your thumb to seize up.

Only other one I can think of that kept me glued to a TV screen as a wee nipper is Jet Force Gemini, frustrating but oh soooo awesome.

Willeus

Mar 12, 2010
EHKOS said:
I'm still waiting to find out too.

I gotta say, Crash Bandicoot, Jersey Devil, aaaaaaand Timesplitters, although I don't know if it counts.
Oh yeaaaaah, I remember Jersey Devil. I had it for the Playstation One I think. It was a really good game although I dont think I ever beat it.

OT: Phantom Dust. Seriously, it is among the most underraterd/unknown games ever. It has a brilliant storyline with plenty of twists riddled in to keep you awake. It is also a perfect combination of action and strategy. (What?? How is this possible? Look it up, its on Xbox)

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Arx Fatalis was pretty damn good, but I never hear anyone really mention it, even those it was pretty awesome.

Zulu-Echo14

Jun 7, 2008
ECasThat said:
Zulu-Echo14 said:
[HEADING=1]Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason[/HEADING]

this ^
[a href=http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CRYO/cryostasis-sleep-of-reason?caff=7261]And it's only 10 euros on Gamersgate[/a]

One of the scariest, most atmospheric games with one of the greatest story in recent years.

Hed_Kansa

Feb 12, 2009
Here's an obscure gem, Burning Rangers on the Sega Saturn.

Got released right near the death of the console.
Can't go wrong with jetpacked firefighters .......IN SPACE !!

Deep Fear was kinda sweet too.