Country
Switzerland

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Sad, now I will never know who cow man was, or why he exploded.
I too was compelled to discover this information, and I think I've figured it out.

Cow man is unoriginally named minotaur (mintaurosu unless my kana is failing as it often does) and he exploded because he got shot by the big robot. This may not be canon as he's still in the actual game and it seems like character death is permanent. The story of the game is that these twelve goofy monsters have to stop the robot invasion. Gameplay wise it seems like a very slow, combat-focused JRPG, and extremely tedious for such a batshit concept.

That opening theme kicks so much ass though.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I too was compelled to discover this information, and I think I've figured it out.

Cow man is unoriginally named minotaur (mintaurosu unless my kana is failing as it often does) and he exploded because he got shot by the big robot. This may not be canon as he's still in the actual game and it seems like character death is permanent. The story of the game is that these twelve goofy monsters have to stop the robot invasion. Gameplay wise it seems like a very slow, combat-focused JRPG, and extremely tedious for such a batshit concept.

That opening theme kicks so much ass though.
So those guys are the heroes?! I had assumed the robot was the hero in a mech suit or something, killing mutants and demons. Now I'm even sadder it hasn't been translated and I could play a ROM of it from somewhere. Although if it's that tedious maybe I should just be happy it just exists as a testament to old school Japanese weirdness.

Edit: Well now, turns out there's an English translation patch for the NES ROMs...

also @Worgen

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So those guys are the heroes?! I had assumed the robot was the hero in a mech suit or something, killing mutants and demons. Now I'm even sadder it hasn't been translated and I could play a ROM of it from somewhere. Although if it's that tedious maybe I should just be happy it just exists as a testament to old school Japanese weirdness.

Edit: Well now, turns out there's an English translation patch for the NES ROMs...

also @Worgen

Oh cool, thanks for the heads up.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
If I could play the piano with only a tenth of the skill of this guy I would be happy. (but to do that I'd need to spend less time playing video games and more time practicing so probably not going to happen.)

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Some crazy bastard did it. All by themself!

More talents for gd measure;

Some original composition, apparently they done work for devs lately also, so is all technically valid my lawyer said I can claim;

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan and Worgen