Great game music.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
This game was unlike anything I’d played at the time, especially on console, and the music played no small part in drawing me into its incredible world -

Fuck yes, that music was very atmospheric, considering the limited tech they had for sounds back then. Loved that game.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
String music, both in A Minor-

GG has always had incredible OST’s from both technical and artistic perspectives, but this one is particularly beautiful and full bodied.

The melancholy tones for some of the game’s massive amount of musical themes themselves basically mirror the state of the industry, which signals in all likelihood never seeing a single player-focused efforts of this scale again.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Hate on LJN all day long, but this remains the best music for an Aliens franchise game. It legit feels like something that Horner would have composed (through a 16 bit filter, of course)

I honestly never played the game, and yes it's a remix, but as someone who has a love for Sho Kosugi ninja films, this was just brilliant.

And speaking of Ninjas...

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hate on LJN all day long, but this remains the best music for an Aliens franchise game. It legit feels like something that Horner would have composed (through a 16 bit filter, of course)

I honestly never played the game, and yes it's a remix, but as someone who has a love for Sho Kosugi ninja films, this was just brilliant.

And speaking of Ninjas...

I have both the PS4 and Switch version of this awesome remake.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
I have both the PS4 and Switch version of this awesome remake.
I've played Ninja Warriors Again, but still haven't touched Once Again. Anything different other than Raiden and Yaksha?

Oh, and surely you've seen this I hope...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've played Ninja Warriors Again, but still haven't touched Once Again. Anything different other than Raiden and Yaksha?
The revamped combat system, stage select, no scoring (fastest time only. If you die and continue, you lose the timer.), i new enemy type (a drone), and couple more I do not want to spoil.

Oh, and surely you've seen this I hope...
Multiple times. I have it posted on one of the music threads.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
At around the 30 second mark this turns into a Hotline Miami track. Just Tim Follin doing that thing he does

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Mumbler

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
I honestly didn't really care for the game it'self too much (it wasn't BAD, just not that impressive)

But this...DAMN does it slap and match it's subject material. One of the best main themes I've heard in a long fucking time. It really belongs in a much more grimy and gritty brawler.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Streets of Rage may sport the overall best collection of bmup tunes as a franchise, but IMO this one powerhouses out even the mighty Fighting in the Street and Go Forward...

And my favorite arcade tune that didn't come from a bmup, quite proper that it's my alltime favorite arcade game that wasn't a bmup!