Great game music.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Does this count as necro-ing? Was there another music videogame thread? Can never keep track with you skippamittens.

Got a mellow track in FF7 remake kinda cool, reminds me of the chill side of Opeth (the best side, IMO) but then some drums kick in after a bit and really comes together quite pleasantly;

Fuck knows why the only version of it I can find is an hour long. Oh well. Heard of worse trappings tbf.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Because plane games have better music then they have any fucking right to, especially when it comes to boss music.

The last three videos can also be summed up as "Everyone's Gangsta till the Latin starts"

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
While Burnout 3 may have helped usher in the era of licensed soundtracks, it also still managed to have a great original score;

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Ive become quite fond of the Spanish songs in Far Cry 6. I dont know what they are saying but i find myself humming them at work which i dont think ive ever done for video game music in a long long time.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Ive become quite fond of the Spanish songs in Far Cry 6. I dont know what they are saying but i find myself humming them at work which i dont think ive ever done for video game music in a long long time.
I get the same thing with songs that have latin in the background. I know almost no Latin but it often sounds really cool(and I'm sure that's the point). Ace Combat fucking loves just throwing Latin lyrics into music associated with boss battles, so I started to notice a lot playing those games.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States

This game released near the tail end of my time in the arcades, and kinda felt like a last hurrah. What a finale it was. Someday I’d love to own all the classic arcade fighter cabinets.
Very underappreciated score from that game, but these are the standouts to me.

"I have never prayed to you, Player 1, but I ask; one more credit! If not, then to Hell with you!"

I must have been one of like...4 people...who mained Spinal in the KI games. As such, glad he got such a good tune

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Borderlands 3 really has an under appreciated sound track.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Mad Rat Dead soundtrack. It's got a lot of jazzy style songs in it that have a real bop to them. I'm really surprised at just how good the music is in this game.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Modern video game music has no soul, you have sweeping orchestral soundtracks every way you look.

True video game music was made with the PC Speaker.

Just brings a tear to my eye. That little speaker is trying so hard!

Reactions: Dalisclock